RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oddly enough, it does.
Well. Given the coupe is faster with 174 than the hatch at 180 I’d be ok just getting the visual upgrades and some suspension tweaks. Lol.

Still rather an 8-speed DCT Si. I’d have to imagine without the lag of a manual shift it’d improve the 0-60 time noticeably.
Sponsored

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just came across this video on YouTube. Not sure if this is a confirmed 2019, but there are some some differences not sure where this car is located, but judging by the license plate mounts its not in the USA.

Wonder what those things on near the front headlights are.
and looks like they removed the red trims on the faux CF skirts/defuser
some extra buttons by the traction control.
and not sure if it will have the rear bucket seats, i know the EU models do on theirs.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Just came across this video on YouTube. Not sure if this is a confirmed 2019, but there are some some differences not sure where this car is located, but judging by the license plate mounts its not in the USA.

Wonder what those things on near the front headlights are.
and looks like they removed the red trims on the faux CF skirts/defuser
some extra buttons by the traction control.
Not only the license plate size, but the NSX is sold under the Acura brand in the US, not Honda.

Headlight washers. They're common on European models.

The extra buttons by the traction control button and on the steering wheel are for the headlight washers and Honda Sensing, which US models don't have.

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I'll be happy with those similar HR-V changes on the refreshed Civic

kc189go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 CivicEX
The new Pilot and HR-V will go on-sale at Honda dealerships on July 16 and July 24, respectively.
Isn't it unusual to announce the refresh details in late June with on-sale dates in late July? These are mid-cycle refreshes, right? When the totally-refreshed Accord was announced last June or so, that made sense to me because it was a completely new model and Honda wanted to make a splash. But for mid-cycle refreshes for the Pilot and HR-V? Maybe that means the Civic refresh (if any) will be announced soon rather than in Sept/Oct?

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
I say 2020 for refresh considering Honda allows the new Accord to have the updates for a year and then implements them into the Civic

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I say 2020 for refresh considering Honda allows the new Accord to have the updates for a year and then implements them into the Civic
On the other hand, there's motivation to bring commonality into the picture due to the cost savings afforded by the economy of scale. That alone is incentive enough to get the newest Android 6 based systems into every model as soon as possible.

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
Yeah. Biggest thing that I want to see is how the new rear bumper is going to look, if anything I'll just swap that over to my current Si

deepjazz

First Name
Halldor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r 2018, subaru legacy 2007
Country flag
quite sure they will keep it the same for 2019.. 2020 will be a hybrid.. because of eu co pollution taxes goes up alot on those cars.. here in iceland we are going from 37% tax to 65% on those cars after 1 september this year, at 1 september 2019 there is going be another increase that no one is quite sure about.. reason I bought a new type r last month is excactly those changes, eu is forcing everyone over to a hybrid cars or electric with those pollution taxes.. so im quite sure those cars will be hybrid in the future as they will not be able to sell them in europe do to high co taxes.

as for sales on type r in europe next year, it's going to be poor due to those high co taxes.. it's the reason ford isnt coming out with a new focus rs next year, instead they are planning it for 2020 as a hybrid.
maybe for 2019 you guys in usa will get the gt pack, it seems to be standard here in europe, I havent seen any car without it in europe so far.

and for that 2019 corolla hatchback comment, no they will not sell, they lack a turbo and are only around 180hp.. thats just like every other family car, I have a subaru that is 165hp.. guess i would be pretty close in a race with that corolla on my subaru family car :D

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
quite sure they will keep it the same for 2019.. 2020 will be a hybrid.. because of eu co pollution taxes goes up alot on those cars.. here in iceland we are going from 37% tax to 65% on those cars after 1 september this year, at 1 september 2019 there is going be another increase that no one is quite sure about.. reason I bought a new type r last month is excactly those changes, eu is forcing everyone over to a hybrid cars or electric with those pollution taxes.. so im quite sure those cars will be hybrid in the future as they will not be able to sell them in europe do to high co taxes.
Keeping Civic US sales momentum going is vital to Honda's survival as a company. I seriously doubt there won't be a refresh for 2019. Sales figures tell the story. Honda can easily increase 2019 sales numbers in the US by doing a mild refresh and absorb the difference for sales decline in the EU as a result of higher CO tax. On the other hand, if they keep the Civic stale (no 2019 refresh), they stand to lose market share in the biggest market.

Honda Civic 10th gen No refresh for 2019 Honda Civic upload_2018-7-15_1-34-30

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Headlight washers. They're common on European models.

The extra buttons by the traction control button and on the steering wheel are for the headlight washers and Honda Sensing, which US models don't have.
You're right, they're headlight washers. Almost sure it's a European model as it also has rear fog light and white sidemarkers.
The Type R on the video is a non-GT.

maybe for 2019 you guys in usa will get the gt pack, it seems to be standard here in europe, I havent seen any car without it in europe so far.
The GT pack is a full option (except for the carbon pack) Type R and is +-2500€ more expensive then the base Type R. For the price you get as extra Blind Spot Monitoring, Dual Zone Airco, Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirror, Electric Rear Windows, Eletric Folding Mirrors, Clove Compartment Light, Garmin Sat Nav, Wireless Phone Charger, Carbon Red Accent Sport Pack, LED Fog Lights. So quite a few things you have to miss on a non-GT, probably that's why everbody buys a GT.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keeping Civic US sales momentum going is vital to Honda's survival as a company. I seriously doubt there won't be a refresh for 2019. Sales figures tell the story. Honda can easily increase 2019 sales numbers in the US by doing a mild refresh and absorb the difference for sales decline in the EU as a result of higher CO tax. On the other hand, if they keep the Civic stale (no 2019 refresh), they stand to lose market share in the biggest market.
I believe 2019 is too early. In Europe the Civic sale started in March 2017 so I think a 2 year lifespan is too short considering the hatch is build in the UK also.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe 2019 is too early. In Europe the Civic sale started in March 2017 so I think a 2 year lifespan is too short considering the hatch is build in the UK also.
You're right. Europe will get the refresh much later than the US, just like the sedan first started selling in May 2015.
Sponsored