MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
2021. Refreshed models last 2 years. Example, 2018 Fit was a refresh, no changes for 2019, 2020 will be the new Fit.
What about for a Civic Si, though? 2018 wasn't a refresh for it, for example.

Or are you talking about a redesign?
Sponsored

nouseformonkeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord
Base Civics were introduced in 2016. 16-17-18 same, >refresh. Refresh in '19, '20=no changes, '21=11th Gen.

Hatch, Si and CTR were introduced in 2017. 17-18-19?>refresh. Refresh in '20, '21=no changes, '22=11th Gen.

I hope it makes sense. Typical Honda refresh pattern.

Chances are, we will see an Si, CTR refresh by/before 2020. Maybe Honda will refresh everything at once?
Sorry, the years always confuse me. When you say 2019, do you mean Model Year 2019 that should be released in August 2018?

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I just ordered an Si expecting a 2018 and I’m getting a 2019. Identical price point, dealer said there are no changes. Fingers crossed for a volume knob though!
You are going to get a 2018 unless you are waiting till fall.

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
I noticed the “mute” button today on my infotainment system. When you hit volume up or volume down when the slider shows up on the screen there’s a mute button below it it’s still a pain in the butt to use because you have to touch one button to touch another button to mute it when you can just hit the power button and the news everything. But I didn’t think it was there.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Just to note, while not EXACTLY shared with the CR-V it is still technically based on the same platform as the civic/accord/CRV but they widened and stretched the platform for the RDX as compared to the CRV instead of doing a direct copy over. They also added more bracing, new structural adhesive, etc as well. It is a new platform, but it originated from the honda global platform we all know and love... just with added changes for performance.
Then it should be easy to make a 4WD Civic.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
If anything were to come of this, it would be AWD, not 4WD.

I had a Crosstour 4WD and it got 18 MPG. Those days are over for Honda.

They're making a plug-in Pilot for Christ sakes!

Those days are over? Lol try looking at the Pilot and Ridgline MPG.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s not really new news that the new global platform was constructed specifically to be used for FWD, AWD as well as hybrid applications so that it would be viable on the majority of Honda’s current and future models from civic and accord to CRV as well as future TLX, ILX the new RDX. I could see it make an appearance for the next generation Fit and HRV as well. That’s the point of a global platform like that, save money and time by making as many cars as possible work with it. Very similar to VWs MQB platform that underpins the majority of its models as well as Audi. I doubt we will see an AWD civic (other than a high performance type R version) because AWD is going to be Acura’s big draw to their sedans going forward.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, the Civic and Insight will share a similar front end but the Civic will keep its rear to distinguish itself from the Hybrid.
It’d be pretty easy to go with an insight or accord type front end. I’d be a fan of either as long as we get some combination LEDs on lower trims (like accord). Agree the back ends will stay mostly the same minus some very slight remolding of the bumpers/fake vents. And new wheel designs hopefully.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, I'd say standard LEDs and Sensing.

They may change the look of the taillights as to how they light up.

The 1.5T will be around for a long time yet.
Here’s hoping. I could care less for the sensing standard. Kind of hope that stays optional at least until the 11th gens.

Wouldn’t mind a revised lighting solution to make the coupe tails more solid and less faded in the center but not holding my breath.

Slightly off topic, Honda engineers told a press guy they were poised to offer the ILX 8-speed DCT on the Si and then decided against it last minute. I’d upgrade to an Si in an instant if they added it as an option for the refresh or 11th gen.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That would be a great option for the Si and CTR however, Honda would increase the MSRP for it no doubt.
I'd be more than willing to pay the extra for the auto. Most likely would only be 1-1.5k increase.

I'm also a fan on nixing the EXT trim in favor of a coupe/sedan sport trim with the 180hp and upgraded wheels etc that the hatch sport comes with. But that's a pipe dream. But in if they won't add an auto option for Si, i'd gladly take a slightly upgraded sport trim for coupe/sedan.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sport trim with EXT options, yes.
Exactly, basically take the existing EXT trims, add sport wheels, 180hp, any other performance upgrades the hatch gets, increase price a few hundred dollars and call it a day.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do not want to use or pay for premium gas though. That won't be good.
Does the sport take premium? I know the Si recommends it. Didn’t know the sport did as well. I wouldn’t care about paying for premium for 205hp but it’d be difficult for only 180hp
Sponsored