hopefully they get rid of the hideous fake bumper vents
Sponsored

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm the type who overthinks things when given too much time... But I ordered a blue Si a month and a half ago; it's delivery has been delayed twice for a total of about 2 weeks... But it has been in the US since July 1 (Indiana). I'm near Chicago, so that's only like 2 to 6 hours away.

There was a different thread in early June about the dealer who wrote on a deposit that someone would receive a 2019 later that month, and my car was scheduled to be built ~2 weeks later than that one (June 22 to 27 manufacture). The deposit one turned out to be a 2018.

Lastly, I've also noticed that inventory near me of Civics is quite low and Si sedans are very scarce. In some instances, there are 3x more Accords sitting on lots vs Civics.

The part of me that overthinks things is wondering whether the 2019 Civics are imminent but awaiting announcement by Honda, and that the manufacturing cut in was in mid June...

And yes, I realize this is a flight of fancy because Honda seems to recently announce well in advance of cutting in a new model year. But that's what is going through my brain as I twiddle my thumbs, waiting!

... and dealers are letting in stock Si's sell at low prices. I could have had a white sedan a week or so ago for $21,828, but decided to wait for the blue one.

Last edited:

deepjazz

First Name
Halldor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type r 2018, subaru legacy 2007
Country flag
You're right, they're headlight washers. Almost sure it's a European model as it also has rear fog light and white sidemarkers.
The Type R on the video is a non-GT.

The GT pack is a full option (except for the carbon pack) Type R and is +-2500€ more expensive then the base Type R. For the price you get as extra Blind Spot Monitoring, Dual Zone Airco, Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirror, Electric Rear Windows, Eletric Folding Mirrors, Clove Compartment Light, Garmin Sat Nav, Wireless Phone Charger, Carbon Red Accent Sport Pack, LED Fog Lights. So quite a few things you have to miss on a non-GT, probably that's why everbody buys a GT.
carbon pack is included in it plus 11 speaker system, parking sensors, on head collision system.. reads road signs, warns me if i go over the speed limit, nice feature to have inside town and led fog lights + keyless entry.. maybe keyless is in every car.. as a bonus they gave me tinted read windows and rubber mats with the type r logo on them.. so even if they dont refresh it next year just selling it with the gt pack in usa will feel like a massive upgrade.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The 2018 Civic was announced September 29, 2017.
The 2017 Civic was announced October 3, 2016.
The 2016 Civic was announced September 15, 2015.
The 2015 Civic was announced September 16, 2014.
The 2014 Civic was announced November 30, 2013.
The 2013 Civic was announced November 29, 2012.

Based on history, there's a good chance that the 2019 Civic is still at least 2-3 months away.

In some instances, there are 3x more Accords sitting on lots vs Civics.
That's because Civics continue to sell like hotcakes while Accords have resorted to cash incentives to help move them in a declining market.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The refresh will roll out the same order the cars rolled out most likely. US and Canada first then the other markets. Coupe and sedan first. Hatches might not get updated until 2020 because of their delayed initial release. Same with Si and Type R may not be refreshed until 2020. There won’t be a hybrid civic, that’s the insights job, even Honda has said that’s why they didn’t do a civic hybrid. The civic is positioned as a sporty entry, the insight is a separate hybrid entry to keep from diluting the civic marketing.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
carbon pack is included in it plus 11 speaker system, parking sensors, on head collision system.. reads road signs, warns me if i go over the speed limit, nice feature to have inside town and led fog lights + keyless entry.. maybe keyless is in every car.. as a bonus they gave me tinted read windows and rubber mats with the type r logo on them.. so even if they dont refresh it next year just selling it with the gt pack in usa will feel like a massive upgrade.
In Belgium we have an optional carbon pack, real carbon fiber. For the exterior it contains carbon mirror caps, carbon rear spoiler, carbon diffuser and carbon B-pillars. For the interior it contains carbon dashboard inserts and carbon doorstep protection. The exterior pack costs 5000€ and the interior 2000€.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag