1.5T No Power gains after PRL catless dp/fp?

ALIAFZAL95

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Rs
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have a 2019 civic non si CVT. I'm currently running the TSP stage 1 tune and am happy with it. However, today I installed the Prl catless dp/fp combo and felt no power gains? In fact I felt the car seemed a bit more sluggish. I also have the prl cobra with race maf and a rev 9 intercooler. Is it possible I felt no power gains because I didnt give the ecu enough time to adjust to the dp/fp? Is there such a thing? I usually go on the same stretch of road to to test my vehicle out and I was previously hitting 200km/h before i had to break and today with the dp fp i only achieved 198. ( Same ambient temps). Im still new to all of this ( Just have 4000kms on the car so apologies for the Novice questions. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Ali
Sponsored

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your car/ecu don't know what physical mods you've done. You need a tune to take advantage of the mods like that.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
As bin said in this forum performance parts will no nothing why because the ecu will adjust and give you no power , now you need a flashpro or a ktuner to unleash the benefit of those mods

OP
OP
ALIAFZAL95

ALIAFZAL95

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Rs
Country flag
I'm using K tuner V2, that is how I'm running tsp stage 1 tune. Do you guys mean I need a custom tune?

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Ktuner comes with some caned tunes , it should take advantage of the mods , if your not feeling any power something is not right, try going to a dyno see what gains you have compared to the oem hp

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
As bin said in this forum performance parts will no nothing why because the ecu will adjust and give you no power , now you need a flashpro or a ktuner to unleash the benefit of those mods
The op clearly states he's running tsp tune so Obviously he had a ktuner

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hey guys,

I have a 2019 civic non si CVT. I'm currently running the TSP stage 1 tune and am happy with it. However, today I installed the Prl catless dp/fp combo and felt no power gains? In fact I felt the car seemed a bit more sluggish. I also have the prl cobra with race maf and a rev 9 intercooler. Is it possible I felt no power gains because I didnt give the ecu enough time to adjust to the dp/fp? Is there such a thing? I usually go on the same stretch of road to to test my vehicle out and I was previously hitting 200km/h before i had to break and today with the dp fp i only achieved 198. ( Same ambient temps). Im still new to all of this ( Just have 4000kms on the car so apologies for the Novice questions. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Ali
Here is your problem, alot of guys would say things like this oh man I Install a downpipe and front pipe combo and a cai running my ktuner 21psi and omg my car is now a super car ..when in reality the power they gain is next to nothing its barely there these guys overly exaggerate beyond the max...so u seeing this your expecting a massive improvement in performance but in reality it's just barely there

OP
OP
ALIAFZAL95

ALIAFZAL95

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Rs
Country flag
Here is your problem, alot of guys would say things like this oh man I Install a downpipe and front pipe combo and a cai running my ktuner 21psi and omg my car is now a super car ..when in reality the power they gain is next to nothing its barely there these guys overly exaggerate beyond the max...so u seeing this your expecting a massive improvement in performance but in reality it's just barely there
Hey buddy,
So I wasnt expecting anything major from the dp/fp but I've heard good things about the prl catless dp fp and on their website they do state you pick up some hp and torque so was expecting a little more power than the factory exhaust.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You need to (and can now thanks to the downpipe) advance ignition timing for it to make it's difference. You can't run as much timing with a more restrictive stock cat. There should be a basemap to account for this. Such as dp/ic, or just downpipe or high flow cat.

It will also help your turbo spool faster

OP
OP
ALIAFZAL95

ALIAFZAL95

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Rs
Country flag
You need to (and can now thanks to the downpipe) advance ignition timing for it to make it's difference. You can't run as much timing with a more restrictive stock cat. There should be a basemap to account for this. Such as dp/ic, or just downpipe or high flow cat.

It will also help your turbo spool faster
Best to opt for a custom map then?

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hey buddy,
So I wasnt expecting anything major from the dp/fp but I've heard good things about the prl catless dp fp and on their website they do state you pick up some hp and torque so was expecting a little more power than the factory exhaust.
Do u really think your gonna feel a 10hp and 15tq?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No, it's not necessary. Not sure of how the k-tuner base maps are, but I'm sure they have a map or modification for downpipes. They'll modify the tables to get the most out of it. I know with hondata they bump up the ignition advance for power, and change the cam angles to aid in spool.

A custom tune will def give you more than a basemap that's no doubt. You just don't need to pay the ~$500 to take advantage of the dp and fp and see a little boost in performance.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
You’re spot on. I laugh when I see people say, I installed my fmic, and boy does it feel like a whole new car.... lol.
Sponsored