1.5T No Power gains after PRL catless dp/fp?

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have a 2019 civic non si CVT. I'm currently running the TSP stage 1 tune and am happy with it. However, today I installed the Prl catless dp/fp combo and felt no power gains? In fact I felt the car seemed a bit more sluggish. I also have the prl cobra with race maf and a rev 9 intercooler. Is it possible I felt no power gains because I didnt give the ecu enough time to adjust to the dp/fp? Is there such a thing? I usually go on the same stretch of road to to test my vehicle out and I was previously hitting 200km/h before i had to break and today with the dp fp i only achieved 198. ( Same ambient temps). Im still new to all of this ( Just have 4000kms on the car so apologies for the Novice questions. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Ali
Make sure you are running Map3 on TSP (by default it's set on 1), i have 1.5 manual with PRL catless downpipe, cai and tsp stage 1 running on map3 all the time, the difference from stock is day and night.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ALIAFZAL95

ALIAFZAL95

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Rs
Country flag
Make sure you are running Map3 on TSP (by default it's set on 1), i have 1.5 manual with PRL catless downpipe, cai and tsp stage 1 running on map3 all the time, the difference from stock is day and night.
Hey bro,
So the difference from stock is clearly visible, like you mentioned the difference is night and day. However what I meant to say was by adding the dp/fp I didnt notice anything. I was running tsp stage 1 along with CAI, and FMIC for a while and just two days ago installed the exhaust components from which I wasn't too impressed.

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey bro,
So the difference from stock is clearly visible, like you mentioned the difference is night and day. However what I meant to say was by adding the dp/fp I didnt notice anything. I was running tsp stage 1 along with CAI, and FMIC for a while and just two days ago installed the exhaust components from which I wasn't too impressed.
I put the PRL dp and TSP tune at the same time, so cannot help you out with this. Did you had a dyno run before and after?

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a MT car. It greatly improved the responsiveness of my car. I don't know about how it would work with a CVT.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put a PRL catted dp and front pipe on my car before I even tuned. The difference was noticable. Counter to what others have said, the ECU is more likely to dampen gains as it adapts, not enhance. Read the old posts by Vit.
It may be, that being tuned already, you need a new custom tune to have the same contrast.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have a 2019 civic non si CVT. I'm currently running the TSP stage 1 tune and am happy with it. However, today I installed the Prl catless dp/fp combo and felt no power gains? In fact I felt the car seemed a bit more sluggish. I also have the prl cobra with race maf and a rev 9 intercooler. Is it possible I felt no power gains because I didnt give the ecu enough time to adjust to the dp/fp? Is there such a thing? I usually go on the same stretch of road to to test my vehicle out and I was previously hitting 200km/h before i had to break and today with the dp fp i only achieved 198. ( Same ambient temps). Im still new to all of this ( Just have 4000kms on the car so apologies for the Novice questions. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Ali

If you felt no power gains from the aftermarket Dp/Fp install, perhaps you should remove it and sell it. I personally noticed no difference at the dragstrip with an aftermarket front pipe installed.

My very first 1/4 mile testing (See Post #67) with this car, I had a full 3" exhaust (PRL downpipe/Front pipe, 3" Injen Exhaust) and Ktuner Stage 2 tune. So I had nothing to compare it to previously on this same car. Good luck with your mods.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
You’re spot on. I laugh when I see people say, I installed my fmic, and boy does it feel like a whole new car.... lol.
Man these guys never really drives a fast car, I once test drove a m5 competition and now that feels like a different car that thing is insanely fast , I owned a civic myself but ever since I went to a civic car meet, that was when I learned why civic gets so much Hate, man these guys literally talk shit about every other cars and apparently one guy took down a e63s with his Si and his mod was just a ktuner, like what da actual fuck

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
with your cvt the gains from the dp are mainly in the midrange and your tsp tune probably dapens a lot of the mid range to prevent your transmission from frying itself. Top end gains of 10-15 hp are hard to feel but you should feel the turbo spool a bit faster with no tune change. To take full advantage of that downpipe you will need a custom tune for sure.

Kordrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm honestly just getting the dp/fp for the improved sound. I have the invidia q300 catback and its bit too quite for my liking. So I got the catted dp/fp to make it a bit louder.
Sponsored