JB100

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI, 1968 Ford F100
Country flag
I’ve recently run into a problem with no live data showing on tuner view. I searched and came up empty handed for anyone that has had a similar problem. So, i figured I would reach out to this group for some help.

I have a 2020 Civic SI and have had tunerview loaded and working for the last couple years. It has always connected and displayed the live data, but recently I had a mechanical failure on my Ktuner v1.2 where the micro usb plug broke off the board and tunerview no longer would show any live data, only 0’s on all gages. I sent my V1.2 back to Ktuner and the repaired and sent back to me with in a week, i apear to be able to flash and view live data on my laptop when my car is running, but nothing on tunerview through the cars head unit. It goes through and connects to ktuner, but no data shows. I have also reflashed with one of the built in Ktuner files with flex fuel enabled and cannot see a reading under the ethanol content. ETC2 shows a constant 32 degrees, so the ethanol sensor is sending the right value to the ECU for 30% ethanol. Not sure if these two problems are related, so just putting it all put there.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Things I already tried
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled tunerview
2. Re-setup Ktuner v1.2. Via laptop software following Ktuners guide
3. Reflashed ecu numerous times with flex fuel tune no change on ethanol% or tunerview.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The USB port has nothing to do with bluetooth. If the unit is blinking showing that it's communicating with the ECU the bluetooth should show available in bluetooth devices, thusly suggesting it's operational.

ECT2 is not what to watch with flex fuel enabled and the ECT2 value does not relate to ethanol content at all. There's an Ethanol % and Ethanol Voltage item in the data list.

OP
OP
JB100

JB100

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the response!

I'm having 2 problems.
1. The ethanol % shows 0. I only mentioned the ECT because the ethanol sensor is sending 1.70mV which should be showing 30% ethanol in KTuner, but it is not.
2. Tuner view shows no live data. all gages on the app are 0 but app is showing connected to KTuner EBDII brick.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you're seeing VOLTAGE (Not mV) in the data list under Ethanol Voltage, it's above .5V, and you have the flex fuel feature properly enabled, you will see an Ethanol value above 0.
See the online help under TunerView for how to properly get TunerView going.

OP
OP
JB100

JB100

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Problem 1 solved. wire to the ECT2 sensor had a short in it. Replaced the bad section and Ethanol % shows in KTuner now.

As for the Tunerview problem, it shows it is connected to the head unit, but no live data is present. Is there a firmware update or possible an issue with the KTuner brick that could cause this issue. Keep in mind, for the past 2 years Tunerview has worked perfectly fine and shown all data when connected. Only after the USB port fell off the brick did I have an issue with Tunerview.

Since receiving the repaired unit back from KTuner, I have restored the infotainment system back to factory, reinstalled Honda Hack, reinstalled Tunerview, done all the steps in the help section in the link, http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/tunerview_lite.htm, and still no data is showing.