First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I heard that.
Now I'm just watching all the things they're doing to try to enforce it.
The other day I heard about them starting some noise trap program that uses cameras.
Sorta' like red light cameras that mail you a ticket.
The police have started pulling people over leaving car shows and looking under their hoods for anything other than OEM parts.
They are doing that in New York as well with the loud exhaust. You cant get your car inspected if you have a aftermarket exhaust. Crazy

Tomodoki

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
If the laws weren't known or obvious you'd have a point. But California has been pulling people over and enforcing these same laws since I first started modifying imports back in 1999. Do the laws suck? Yes. but everyone knows and everyone chooses to try and break the laws, so don't act like it's the state's fault when they enforce the laws you know are there.
There was a section repealed 3 years ago that essentially charged anyone a non-correctable fine if a cop felt the noise was too loud based on their own subjective opinion. California always has something new in store that expands on existing laws. I didn't know about these laws as a regular driver, I came to know more when I got into the community. Californians do muffler deletes all the time, many shops do them, so enforcement is questionable, what the state does wish to do is enforce the law further even though in practice the general public has a mixed opinion on said law. When the culture dictates that a muffler delete is legal I think the state needs to reconsider increasing fines and creating a condition of "guilty unless proven innocent". Many of my friends and many people online I have seen often think that catbacks are legal when in reality they're probably not. If anything, the breaking of this law is a form of protest. Personally I try to follow even the dumbest laws, my car is currently CARB legal, with legal license placement, but at a certain point enough is enough.

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si
Country flag
I heard that.
Now I'm just watching all the things they're doing to try to enforce it.
The other day I heard about them starting some noise trap program that uses cameras.
Sorta' like red light cameras that mail you a ticket.
The police have started pulling people over leaving car shows and looking under their hoods for anything other than OEM parts.
I can't wait for these noise traps they are going to love my corvette and lots of fines are going to collections.