No K-Tuners to California from MAPerformance

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You didn't hear that you basically can't tune your car in Cali anymore?

andy_wen1

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
just buy it through other vendors. They wouldn't ship a prl CAI so I got it from somewhere e
lse 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Jeffers

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
You didn't hear that you basically can't tune your car in Cali anymore?
I heard that.
Now I'm just watching all the things they're doing to try to enforce it.
The other day I heard about them starting some noise trap program that uses cameras.
Sorta' like red light cameras that mail you a ticket.
The police have started pulling people over leaving car shows and looking under their hoods for anything other than OEM parts.

TrinityTek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Other vendors will ship a KTuner kit to CA. I was looking at one the other day but I want the 1.2 and they only had the standalone 2.0. I don't need all that. I have a laptop.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Two step performance shipped it out to me with no problem
They just stopped the sale of all downpipes to CA and NY the other day. Still, there's other methods of getting a downpipe. A lot of people in SoCal can drive 3-4 hours to 27won HQ and pick one up there. Not sure why they can the sale of everything when they can just ask us to confirm it won't be used on the street and is a racing only part for a car you tow to the track and from the track type thing. They're trying to implement cameras with decibel meters to fine people with loud exhausts which is funny because it's mainly those loud Harley's doing the most.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I heard that.
Now I'm just watching all the things they're doing to try to enforce it.
The other day I heard about them starting some noise trap program that uses cameras.
Sorta' like red light cameras that mail you a ticket.
The police have started pulling people over leaving car shows and looking under their hoods for anything other than OEM parts.

Pulling over cars leaving car shows has been a thing since.. forever.

Tomodoki

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
They're making crime where there is none. They found a gold mine, so instead of us spending hard earned money on car parts we'll be paying tickets on the double.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hondata Carb, mishimoto intercooler/piping, mishimoto intske. Only carb legal things. MHI stage 2 turbo is also carb legal and has a tune on Hondata carb. Makes around 250whp/270wtq which isnt bad, but when you consider that phearable stage 1.5R/tsp stage 1+ Hit higher numbers with a stock turbo it makes it look shitty. What can you do about it though. If youre going to run stuff you know is illegal try to keep your exhaust volume down and dont make your car stand out too much. It helps.

TrinityTek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
They just stopped the sale of all downpipes to CA and NY the other day. Still, there's other methods of getting a downpipe. A lot of people in SoCal can drive 3-4 hours to 27won HQ and pick one up there. Not sure why they can the sale of everything when they can just ask us to confirm it won't be used on the street and is a racing only part for a car you tow to the track and from the track type thing. They're trying to implement cameras with decibel meters to fine people with loud exhausts which is funny because it's mainly those loud Harley's doing the most.
That sucks! 2 Step and 27Won were two companies I thought I could order from. You snooze you lose I guess. ☹ California's a big state too. I'm a lot further from 27Won than 3-4 hours.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
They're making crime where there is none. They found a gold mine, so instead of us spending hard earned money on car parts we'll be paying tickets on the double.
If the laws weren't known or obvious you'd have a point. But California has been pulling people over and enforcing these same laws since I first started modifying imports back in 1999. Do the laws suck? Yes. but everyone knows and everyone chooses to try and break the laws, so don't act like it's the state's fault when they enforce the laws you know are there.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
That sucks! 2 Step and 27Won were two companies I thought I could order from. You snooze you lose I guess. ☹ California's a big state too. I'm a lot further from 27Won than 3-4 hours.
27won MIGHT still ship. I believe RV6 ships to CA still since they have that check box option saying its off-road use only and you understand.

TrinityTek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I was just able to order a KTuner 1.2 from a well known vendor. I don't want to put them on blast here but if you can't find a vendor that will ship to you send me a DM.
Sponsored