No intermittent wipers? Really?

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I didnt even think to check if the Sport Hatch had this feature. I just figured my cars from as far back as 1989 have had a variable intermittent wiper feature, so why would not this car from 2017??

Well, it rained yesterday for the first time since Ive had the car, and I realized the wiper knob didn't turn like I thought it did for variable intermittent.

Is there a version of this car that comes with variable intermittent? Or are we stuck with either 3-speed crap, or the [sarcasm]illustrious AUTO rain-sensing wipers??
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's honestly some BS cost-cutting in an area where it should have been cut. I've never seen a car in the last few decades that didn't have intermittent, much less a $20k+ car.

Since the Sport is an LX (US-spec) options wise, I think EX and above have intermittent, LX must not.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's honestly some BS cost-cutting in an area where it should have been cut. I've never seen a car in the last few decades that didn't have intermittent, much less a $20k+ car.

Since the Sport is an LX (US-spec) options wise, I think EX and above have intermittent, LX must not.
Really?

My 2011 CRV didnt. 2008 Accord didn't. Forgot the exact year on my old Pilot but 2006 it didn't have it either.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really?

My 2011 CRV didnt. 2008 Accord didn't. Forgot the exact year on my old Pilot but 2006 it didn't have it either.
Huh. Maybe it's a Honda thing for some reason? We used to be a Ford family and even the ones 90s, i.e. our Mercury Sable, Tracer, etc. had them. Granted, they weren't base trims, but still.

tpman24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT
I came from a '13 base Fit and it only had one intermittent setting. I wish the LX models had more intermittent settings, but unless the rain is fairly constant, I usually just manually flip the wiper stalk up for a single swipe when needed. I'm probably just weird that way.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well if my Sport Touring doesn't have this I will never buy another Honda ever again!! LOL

Serious, not a fan of wipers this is why I use Rain-X apply multiple quotes a month and just use Mist, one time.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well if my Sport Touring doesn't have this I will never buy another Honda ever again!! LOL

Serious, not a fan of wipers this is why I use Rain-X apply multiple quotes a month and just use Mist, one time.
Hope you mean "multiple coats" not quotes lol.

randym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX
I would expect the Sport Touring to have the same rain sensing wipers as the sedan/coupe Touring models.

OP
OP
choo

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Hopefully someone with an EX or EX-L hatch will chime in :D

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
my Touring has rain sensing and it is useless, it basically works the same as intermittent with some adjustability to the sensitivity. I never wanted rain sensing so it doesn't bother me that it doesn't work as intended, I prefer intermittent and that is basically what I got from it.

BarryG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6 spd man sedan
Country flag
I was surprised and disappointed when I discovered that my 2016 LX MT sedan does not have variable intermittent wipers.

GeoUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
My previous car, a Scion xD had intermittent wipers, but not variable. The default pause was way too fast and it annoyed me more than I would have thought. Thanks to others on a Scion forum, I learned changing the control stalk to one from a Toyota with variable intermittent added the feature to my xD. I bought a stalk from a crashed Prius on eBay, installed it and damn -- it worked! It was one of the best $50 and 5 minutes I ever spent. I am unsure if this is possible with Honda which may not put the "brains" in the stalk but maybe someone with a closer connection to a dealership may be able to check to see if a stalk with variable intermittent would work on the LX and Sport models. I just finished a 2,500 mile road trip in my '17 EX hatch with some rainy days and was really thankful for the intermittent feature.
Sponsored