NO Frills for Me !

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
I went with the basic '16 LX, 2L NA engine, and CVT. I have a real volume KNOB. No rain sensing but an intermittent setting that I use a lot. No turbo worries. No infotainment; yes a smaller screen, but it works great all the time. No parking brake issues; it always sets or releases when I tell it; engine on or off at any time. None of the special sensing stuff, that I didn't want anyway. VERRY HAPPY WITH MY CHOICES ...
Sponsored

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thank you all for the laugh this morning. I need it! :respect:
YOu should of went with the manual trans, that way you can shift whenever you want...after all... F..k that automated shit and all damn safety features.

PS: The risk of getting a flat tire with 4 wheels on the ground was just too high this morning, so I rode my bicycle to work.
My spirit was lifted because the chance of having a dead battery was also eliminated (today).

Last edited:

augustus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
hey, if you like it that's all that matters, enjoy!

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
On where I am based, my Civic (base model) have these underwhelming specs. Got it for ~ $21.3k
- 1.8L NA + CVT
- 2 Airbags
- 16s alloys
- LED headlights, halogen fogs
- Manual dimming rear-view mirror
- 7" touch screen infotainment, 6 speakers
- Fabric seats/polyutherane steering wheel
- Keyless entry + push start, remote start
- Cruise Control
- No Honda sensing, even lane watch (not offered, even on the top variant)

We only have two variants here, and the top costs a whopping $29.4k - just like your Touring model, minus the sensing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Steve (andromeda), you've mentioned this for a long time. Hey, the LX is a nice, but basic car. But the turbo cars are rather nice too. Just saying. ;)

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
This is going to get even better as we go.

My problem with options is that each one has to be added to the car, which of course creates more and more room for human error at the assembly plant. No options = no errors.

Last edited:

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Well, every car manufacturer has options/additions. Every trim is meant for a different person. Me, I could never live with a "base" model.

It is worth every penny to me to get the features I want. I don't just buy a car to buy a car.
lol I'm joking man.

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Well, every car manufacturer has options/additions. Every trim is meant for a different person. Me, I could never live with a "base" model.

It is worth every penny to me to get the features I want. I don't just buy a car to buy a car.
Exactly!
It is nice to have a choice in trim levels. And the manufacturer tailers to the market it is being sold in. Asians, Europeans have the 1.0l, 1.5, - turbo or not. The Americans need the bigger stuff. :yes: Remeber when Fiat brought the 500... and Mini had the Cooper. A couple years later it was 500L, and mini had the cooper Extra, extra large and the countryman. Just for the American market! Because we are so F..ng BIG. Need bigger seats! :rofl:

Anyway...
Andromeda, you need to be specific and say in your subject line " I am 71 years old, NO Frills for me!" .... totally different subject line.
LX with a CVT is cool, enjoy it, be safe out there.

OP
OP
andromeda

andromeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
Country flag
[QUOTE
Andromeda, you need to be specific and say in your subject line " I am 71 years old, NO Frills for me!" .... totally different subject line.
[/QUOTE]
Don't see what my age has to do with it. Care to elaborate ?

markc72

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w/NAVI
Country flag
Not sure of any problems with Turbo and other things you say. Love my EX-L. LX was a little too low end for my taste.
Sponsored