ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
There's some merit about not wanting the Android head units though.

The software is already several years old by the time the cars first hit the lot.

Five years from now, will it really feel any different than owning an 8 year old cell phone? Honda will certainly never upgrade the software, so you're stuck with aftermarket if you want to replace it. Then you have to worry about this or that not working or fitting properly, etc.

That's about the only real knock I can see against the higher trims. Honda doesn't have a history of unreliable engines and these aren't their first turbo'd cars either.
The only issue with your response is that Android Auto uses the phone for everything. The software is not used on it's own, it is just simply an interface to your phone and therefore, you will not have to replace your head unit.
Sponsored

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
except the dealer will always screw you on the trade nothing depriciates more than a new car
Except the dealer did not screw me at all. In fact, they gave me $500 more for the trade, with a CEL, and the trade value was right there according the KBB without the CEL.

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This.

If you really want your money's worth (you're always going to get screwed on a trade-in), sell privately. Takes effort for the extra few thousand.
Selling privately also entails the risk of selling something to someone who might not be entirely happy afterwards. Also, private sells still require sales tax, at least up here in NY.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
except the dealer will always screw you on the trade nothing depriciates more than a new car
For most people, yes. For savvy buyers/sellers, not necessarily.

I paid $19,500 for my 2011 Si coupe brand new, which was thousands below MSRP. I traded it 16,500 miles later (1.5 yrs) for exactly $19,500. I only paid a couple hundred in sales tax to drive it.

It's all about going in knowing what you can do on both ends of the deal and sticking to your guns. I just got $2,000 extra for my Murano I traded in by going to a sixth dealership. The first five lowballed me. The sixth wanted my car and to sell his. Got a great deal. Actually I got higher than the high end of KBB trade for my car by $500. Got the Si for under $23K.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
For most people, yes. For savvy buyers/sellers, not necessarily.

I paid $19,500 for my 2011 Si coupe brand new, which was thousands below MSRP. I traded it 16,500 miles later (1.5 yrs) for exactly $19,500. I only paid a couple hundred in sales tax to drive it.
It’s very easy for them to move the numbers around so you think you got 19.5 for it. Depends on the rest of the deal

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Selling privately also entails the risk of selling something to someone who might not be entirely happy afterwards. Also, private sells still require sales tax, at least up here in NY.

So what if they’re not happy just be honest if they’re not happy too bad

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
It’s very easy for them to move the numbers around so you think you got 19.5 for it. Depends on the rest of the deal
I'm not an idiot. Thanks.

As I said, you have two deals. One is your trade and one is your purchase. OBVIOUSLY, getting raped on the trade precludes the overall great deal.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
They made a 1.8l NA? I thought it was 1.5t or 2.0 non turbo. ?
This comment was a superlative necro, composed of subject matter entirely unrelated to the actual topic at hand. Well done.

But to answer your question - in the US, there have always been only two engine options: the 2.0 NA and the 1.5T. But in other parts of the world, they also used different powerplants. Besides the aforementioned 1.8L NA, there's a 1.0T and a 1.6L turbodiesel out there too.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
our 2018 coupe is a 2.0 CVT,18" wheels.it is my wifes car but purchased in case we decide we dont need 2 cars in the future.sporty enough that i enjoy driving it without breaking the bank,and i dont trust some of the newer technology to begin with.