No 'DSP Flat' option in 2017 head units?

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R | Sentra SER | GMC Terrain.
Country flag
I looked though DIAG menu and could not find DSP flat setting. Is there a way to bypass the DSP in the head unit on the Type R?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RCX

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks, I have read the threads here but not all of the 150 pages at xda.

So has anyone found a setting for DSP in the type R head unit menus? I cannot find anything, but I know there are hidden settings in there that I may not have found.

OP
OP
RCX

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why do you want it disable? You can put the EQ in the center position (Sound settings) and the sound should be flat.
With EQ in center or even with EQ turned off (setting not available on our units), the head unit (or the separate amp) does not output a flat signal.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/ex-audio-build-completed.3734/

So if you want to power all the speakers with an aftermarket amp you need to buy a DSP to sum the signal from the stock amp before feeding the aftermarket amp.

My plan is to install sub amp, new subs, and change (most) stock speakers to high quality aftermarket speakers. Then if it still needs improvement, hopefully other options will become available for installing aftermarket amp. On my way now to car audio shop to get info.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
With EQ in center or even with EQ turned off (setting not available on our units), the head unit (or the separate amp) does not output a flat signal.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/ex-audio-build-completed.3734/

So if you want to power all the speakers with an aftermarket amp you need to buy a DSP to sum the signal from the stock amp before feeding the aftermarket amp.

My plan is to install sub amp, new subs, and change (most) stock speakers to high quality aftermarket speakers. Then if it still needs improvement, hopefully other options will become available for installing aftermarket amp. On my way now to car audio shop to get info.

You sounds like me, haha, ! In my old car I had a professionl DSP, Behringer DCX 2496.

It sounds just perfect!
Sponsored