No CarPlay after hack

g35 mass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Touring sedan
Country flag
After completing the Honda Hack (pro version) on my 2017 Civic Touring, I no longer have any functionality from the under-dash USB including CarPlay connection and even power to charge the phone.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance
Sponsored

fullservice98

First Name
fullservice98
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8) and S2K (AP2)
Country flag
I have the same issue! I reset my head unit, reset my phone and updated the new iOS, and removed my phone from CarPlay and added it back. I plugged my phone into the USB in the center console then plugged it in the under dash USB. The USB started working again but the Inforainment center did not recognize my smartphone. Also when I powered off the car and turned on again the USB again did not work until I followed the steps described above. Still no smartphone recognition and therefor no CarPlay.

BigOlly83

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-L and 2002 C5 Corvette
Country flag
I literally just did the Honda Hack this morning and now Carplay is gone. Still trying to get the Torque app installed so not a very happy camper.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Something definitely isn't right with your headunits...I did the Honda hack on my 2018 head unit around 2 weeks ago and carplay/android auto still works perfectly fine. Honda hack is generally pretty safe and usually isn't something you have to worry about. What iOS version are you guys running?

BigOlly83

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As of this morning when I found it wasn't working anymore, I upgraded to 11.4.1 on an SE. I keep my phone up to date so it was at whatever the previous IOS was.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
11.4.1 7plus
11.4.1 on an 8 plus
As of this morning when I found it wasn't working anymore, I upgraded to 11.4.1 on an SE. I keep my phone up to date so it was at whatever the previous IOS was.
I'm currently on 11.4 on an iPhone 7, but somehow I doubt it is the iOS version which is the issue as i'm sure other forum members would be complaining as well. As far as I remember (I'd have to check my car to be 100% sure), there IS a way to uninstall Honda hack through the app itself, and I also think there is a way to factory reset the head unit so that you're back to stock. Doing one of those things would probably have the highest success rate in terms of fixing your problem, which honestly shouldn't have happened in the first place.

BigOlly83

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Going through the diagnostics in developer mode, I’m not getting any response from the USB ports. They’re charging my iPhone, but not talking to the headunit.

OP
OP

g35 mass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Touring sedan
Country flag
Developer just wrote back to me. He said “It has nothing to do with Honda Hack.”. It worked the minute before the hack and stop working the minute after the hack and several people having the same issue but he can affirmatively state it’s not his product. Nice.

BigOlly83

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m thinking it’s got something to do with the brake bypass. I enabled it, but don’t see how to turn the brake bypass feature off. Every time I go to turn the brake bypass off, it requests the same permissions as it did when I first tried to use it. Would like to know how to do that before I completely uninstall the hack.

fullservice98

First Name
fullservice98
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8) and S2K (AP2)
Country flag
Got the under dash USB working with the following steps:
1. Go back to the developer mode
2. Make sure USB 1 is in Host
3. Also turn off debugging USB

I reset head unit but it flipped me into a software update mode and I couldn’t figure out how to get out and hard restart would not work. After going through forum threads I took the advice of taking the radio fuse out for 10-15 min. When I put fuse in and turned on car, head unit reset and USB 1 worked!

CarPlay still not working but this is the first step to get the USB 1 working again. Will keep updated...

BigOlly83

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure how to get where I can select which usb port does what. I did turn debugging off.

BigOlly83

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fixed it. Had to change USB 2 from host to device and bam, CarPlay lives again.