JCardenas

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Sorry for the noob like question. I recently installed a PRL catless DP w/ defouler and and PRL Turbo Inlet. Check engine light is on. I thought it was because the catless DP. Turns out I’m not creating boost (Max 5psi). When I begin to accelerate it sounds like air is attempting to accumulate but caps at 5psi (high pitch sound). I have several codes pop up. I have re-tightened all nuts and bolts. Not sure what I’m looking for. Any help is appreciated

Honda Civic 10th gen No Boost F34016D4-10AC-4B56-A66C-4EA3E66EB9F7
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Are you tuned? The inlet pipe requires a tune. Any CELs?

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you unplug any sensors and forget to plug them back in? I've had that happen before.

OP
OP
JCardenas

JCardenas

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Did you unplug any sensors and forget to plug them back in? I've had that happen before.
All sensors are plugged in and I cycled power. I did forget to mention that I’m not tuned

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Stay out of boost and get the car tuned -

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Are you tuned? The inlet pipe requires a tune. Any CELs?
He did list out a bunch of codes in his image: P2097, P2565, P0102, P2196, P0299... The descriptions on them basically say the cat is reading too rich, the turbocharger boost control sensor switch circuit high, MAF sensor voltage low, O2 sensor reading rich, turbocharger underboost issues, fuel too rich post cat.

I understand the rich sensor readings... The other stuff might be related? IDK. He does need to get a tune though and see if that fixes anything. I'm not sure why being rich would cause the turbo to not hold/create boost though; maybe computers do weird things to enter their own state of limp mode(s) :p

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
He did list out a bunch of codes in his image: P2097, P2565, P0102, P2196, P0299... The descriptions on them basically say the cat is reading too rich, the turbocharger boost control sensor switch circuit high, MAF sensor voltage low, O2 sensor reading rich, turbocharger underboost issues, fuel too rich post cat.

I understand the rich sensor readings... The other stuff might be related? IDK. He does need to get a tune though and see if that fixes anything. I'm not sure why being rich would cause the turbo to not hold/create boost though; maybe computers do weird things to enter their own state of limp mode(s) :p
Yea he will need a tune for sure. Image didn't load on my phone for some reason. ECU has no idea what to do with all of that extra air.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yea he will need a tune for sure. Image didn't load on my phone for some reason. ECU has no idea what to do with all of that extra air.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks :D

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Good rule of thumb for turbo car -

Change air flow / amount being passed - GET A TUNE

These things too expensive to risk it.

I used to put parts on in the parking lot of the tuning place if possible just to be safe. That or pay them to put them on if like a DP. Just not worth the risk imo.

OP
OP
JCardenas

JCardenas

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
When installing the DP, we also installed the turbo inlet. The cause of the problem was a boost leak. A vacuum line had ripped. Easy fix. Had nothing to do with me not having a tune. Once the boost leaks was fixed, all the problems went away.
Sponsored