Fc1_Tate

First Name
Farrah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Gonna try and be as specific as possible but I have no problem answering questions. I installed the PRL Catless DP a few days ago and noticed once I started driving I’m only making around 8psi max instead of 21 I believe (TSP stage 1.) There weren’t any issues with install, I reconnected the O2 sensor and cleared it with Ktuner. I didn’t reuse any old gaskets so I’m wondering where I should start. Checking charge pipes? I’ve already taken off the DP and reinstalled to make sure it wasn’t my error. Thanks in advance for any help
Sponsored

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you on the right map?

Sounds like a potential boost leak though, can get a boost leak test done and it should show you. Check anything that was touched.

OP
OP
Fc1_Tate

Fc1_Tate

First Name
Farrah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Are you on the right map?

Sounds like a potential boost leak though, can get a boost leak test done and it should show you. Check anything that was touched.
Believe so. Reflashed to stock then back to TSP 1 on map 3. I’m not too mechanically inclined but enough to know what I’m doing, would I be able to do a test at home?

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ya, most likely a boost leak somehow or at least it sounds like it. Just go back through and make sure all couplers and clamps are tight on your intercooler, turbo, hoses, etc... anything that would have been touched or could be effected. You may end up seeing a loose hose and that solves it.

There's a lot of videos on how to do it yourself. I personally have a performance Honda shop near by so I bring my car there when I need to do it.

OP
OP
Fc1_Tate

Fc1_Tate

First Name
Farrah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Ya, most likely a boost leak somehow or at least it sounds like it. Just go back through and make sure all couplers and clamps are tight on your intercooler, turbo, hoses, etc... anything that would have been touched or could be effected. You may end up seeing a loose hose and that solves it.

There's a lot of videos on how to do it yourself. I personally have a performance Honda shop near by so I bring my car there when I need to do it.
Thanks for the help I really appreciate it !

OP
OP
Fc1_Tate

Fc1_Tate

First Name
Farrah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
UPDATE: This could be completely off but I figured I’d ask, could the clutch be going out? Would that be the reason for loss of power/boost.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
UPDATE: This could be completely off but I figured I’d ask, could the clutch be going out? Would that be the reason for loss of power/boost.
It's possible you are confusing clutch slip for a loss of boost. Do your rpms go up quickly without the car really moving?

OP
OP
Fc1_Tate

Fc1_Tate

First Name
Farrah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
It's possible you are confusing clutch slip for a loss of boost. Do your rpms go up quickly without the car really moving?
I’m kind of just running through everything I can think of. But yes they do

OP
OP
Fc1_Tate

Fc1_Tate

First Name
Farrah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag

OP
OP
Fc1_Tate

Fc1_Tate

First Name
Farrah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Best video I could get and it was barely wanting to move even then. Can try to take a better one tomorrow but not sure if the car will move much farther at this point.

OP
OP
Fc1_Tate

Fc1_Tate

First Name
Farrah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Have you tried to drive it with the stock DP back on?
I have not. I thought about that earlier in the day but where I’m at now I don’t have it.
Sponsored