killian93

First Name
Paul Naden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FE 2018
Hey guys,

I have an tape recorder player that only has a headphone jack that I would like to connect to my Civic but unfortunately there is no AUX input in the car. I tried using an AUX to USB cable (ipod shuffle cable) but it didn't work.

Is there any device that I can use to fix this ? I have got ton of tapes that I listen to and now I cant. Appreciate the help. Thanks ! :imnew::feedback::nixon:
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have an tape recorder player that only has a headphone jack that I would like to connect to my Civic but unfortunately there is no AUX input in the car. I tried using an AUX to USB cable (ipod shuffle cable) but it didn't work.

Is there any device that I can use to fix this ? I have got ton of tapes that I listen to and now I cant. Appreciate the help. Thanks ! :imnew::feedback::nixon:
Tapes are not the best things to have in car .. especially in hot weather.

I would suggest you get a USB Thumb drive, and copy your tapes to that USB drive.
You can probably get ALL your tapes on the one drive, and then when you play that in the car, you can use the power of the Audio system, to select what you want to play.

If you REALLY want to continue messing about with tapes in the car, get a BlueTooth or FM transmitter module, that will connect to the audio out (headphone) socket of your Tape recorder, and send the audio via Bluetooth or FM to your car audio system.

Do a Google Image search on "fm transmitter"

However, I would strongly recommend the USB Thumb drive solution.

BIGBLUESI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I think you got tapes confused with cassettes,lol...I'm just showing my age now:confused: When I came of age and starting buying albums the CD player was the new thing.I only have about 20 cassette tapes and 150 CD's and the rest is digital d/l's Just wanted to add some feedback. The posts above will help you more than mine will.Good luck with getting them to play:thumbsup:

OP
OP

killian93

First Name
Paul Naden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FE 2018
Tapes are not the best things to have in car .. especially in hot weather.

I would suggest you get a USB Thumb drive, and copy your tapes to that USB drive.
You can probably get ALL your tapes on the one drive, and then when you play that in the car, you can use the power of the Audio system, to select what you want to play.

If you REALLY want to continue messing about with tapes in the car, get a BlueTooth or FM transmitter module, that will connect to the audio out (headphone) socket of your Tape recorder, and send the audio via Bluetooth or FM to your car audio system.

Do a Google Image search on "fm transmitter"

However, I would strongly recommend the USB Thumb drive solution.

Thank you for your suggestion. I was actually looking into copying the track from the tapes to a USB but apparently it takes time. Nevertheless, I will move some favourites tracks to a USB and maybe later on get the FM transmitter you were talking about. Thanks again :)

OP
OP

killian93

First Name
Paul Naden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FE 2018
I think you got tapes confused with cassettes,lol...I'm just showing my age now:confused: When I came of age and starting buying albums the CD player was the new thing.I only have about 20 cassette tapes and 150 CD's and the rest is digital d/l's Just wanted to add some feedback. The posts above will help you more than mine will.Good luck with getting them to play:thumbsup:
Hahaha ! Yes I am talking about cassette. My dad's got a bunch of self-help/motivation talks on cassettes tapes and after listening to some of them, the quality of the content are nowhere to be found nowadays. Best not waste them. Thank you sir ! :)

Jr51

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey guys,

I am facing a similar situation. A bit of an audiophile and I used to have an LG V40 to supply Hifi quality music despite the lack of an AUX input.
The phone died recently and I am stuck with the new Samsung S20 (which has a god awful DAC).
I am tryna find a way to connect my phone to an external DAC to supply Hifi music but I am running low on ideas.
Sponsored