Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks like the dreaded ac problem struck me this winter. Tried to cool down today. Left the heater on high too long and cranked it all the way down. It kept blowing warm on me. Checked the compressor and it doesn’t engage. Guessing she’s pooched. Mines a 2018 with 40000k 25000miles on it. AC should still come on when it’s 8c outside I assume. Clutch didn’t even engage in defrost.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is the car smart enough to throw a code if the AC is empty?

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the a/c freon charge is low, the compressor will not kick on as a safety measure.
That’s pretty much the only thing I know about car A/C systems. Wondering about codes though?

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the a/c freon charge is low, the compressor will not kick on as a safety measure.

I don't know .
What I know is we must use A/C in winter , few time to keep seals....sealed. If not, A/C loose gaz

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
That’s pretty much the only thing I know about car A/C systems. Wondering about codes though?
It does not set a DTC. It runs off a simple pressure switch. If the pressure is too low or too high it will kick off the compressor to prevent any damage.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It does not set a DTC. It runs off a simple pressure switch. If the pressure is too low or too high it will kick off the compressor to prevent any damage.

When I went out of gas, I hear compressor is working.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
You prob just have a leak in your system, your compressor is most likely fine. I had to replace the condenser and a hose to seal the system back. First half was under warranty, the hose was not. Get it checked, it might be cheaper than you think.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have it booked in for Monday. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. The weird thing I’ve noticed is when I look at my climate control. It doesn’t even show me that it wants to turn on the AC. The button on the screen does not light up until I push it but when I push it, nothing happens, but normally if I ran the dial all the way down to the lowest temperature setting the AC switch would show dark/on. Currently it doesn’t show anything so the vehicle is not even trying to bring it on. Maybe that’s just what the BCM does when the pressure switch is tripped. Is this what you do all day? We have the best day.

OP
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It was the condenser. It was replaced at no charge. A question that I forgot to ask Honda is if this new condenser still follows under that same warranty? If this one goes next year is it covered?
Sponsored