NXcivic1

First Name
Kephren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Just to be clear, this was never the end goal with the car. We are planning on a GTX2867R, but I just happened to have a nitrous kit laying around so I decided to see what happens. I looked at timing and fuel and everything looks good for a small shot of nitrous. I'm not sure what kind of power difference the car will make up top, but I'm sure the torque and acceleration will be insane. It's also still on the stock clutch so I'm not sure that will hold the power.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

NXcivic1

First Name
Kephren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
So what is your full list of modifications?

What is your full list of modifications?
Cold air intake, axle back exhaust, ktune with the +9 map.

NXcivic1

First Name
Kephren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
UPDATE: The car loves the spray! I was a bit skeptical at first, but after the first pull it felt like it woke up! Watching the knock count and control the whole time, there was no knocking in the pull and the AFR did get a little rich but stayed right where it should 11.2-11.5. I saw it drop to 10.5 for a split second and the knock control hovered around 0.54 for the first few pulls. After I felt better about it, I kind of hammered on it a bunch to see if the car would do anything funky. After 15-18 back to back WOTs from 2nd through 4th it started acting up probably due to the heat and craziness. Knock control went up to 0.81 and the engine shut itself off twice. Other than that the car liked it. Nitrous is definitely not worth long term gains, but it is fun. I would recommend not beating on it too much with the spray because it does start to get picky.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Just to be clear, this was never the end goal with the car. We are planning on a GTX2867R, but I just happened to have a nitrous kit laying around so I decided to see what happens. I looked at timing and fuel and everything looks good for a small shot of nitrous. I'm not sure what kind of power difference the car will make up top, but I'm sure the torque and acceleration will be insane. It's also still on the stock clutch so I'm not sure that will hold the power.
RIP clutch. Excited for results dude!

NXcivic1

First Name
Kephren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
We changed the jets out for a 50 shot. Car loves it still and fuel looks good. This is as big as it will go. The clutch is just fine. I think it's not as crazy because I'm at 6k feet elevation.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We changed the jets out for a 50 shot. Car loves it still and fuel looks good. This is as big as it will go. The clutch is just fine. I think it's not as crazy because I'm at 6k feet elevation.
Yes, any more updates? I notice you don't have a bottle warmer either.

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving this thread. What system did OP use for the nitrous? I'm NA so I don't have to worry about the turbo but I do have the CVT. Was thinking about getting a system that I can manually trigger or one that comes on at WOT or 65%+ Throttle Bottle Position.

The intent is to start with a 35 shot and work my way up to a 50 shot. Apparently these K20C2 engines are more stout than people think and with it being NA I think it would be a good candidate for some nitrous.

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
change of intake might be a good start + build the engine if not = disaster to happen very soon
As in swapping it out for what? There's no aftermarket intake manifolds for any of the civics regardless of model. The 2.0s are port injection so a wet kit should be a breeze to install? Just install a tee to the fuel line and run the nitrous based on a controller with specific parameters? I'm not going for a 100+ shot just a little 35 shot to start and 50 max depending. I don't think the pistons would melt from that small of a shot especially since it's a higher displacement than the 1.5Ts.

I would start to think anything above a 50 shot would cause significant intake manifold pressure and potentially detonate but should be safe as long as I don't spray constantly or for too long.

Thoughts?
Sponsored