Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Miscellaneous.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury C57EC96C-120D-41DF-833A-8EE78AEE3E44

I was finally able to level this sucker, it is not hard at all.
Material used, was a bit of foaming material from the lightweight battery.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury B9502CCA-2075-4FD0-B3D3-85892A5E1DDA

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury FD7691FE-B996-49BE-BBBF-6DE2F3952A6B

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 608CEAF1-B483-4DFA-A0D3-41C04942A29B

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
I did really like to do this one. Couldn’t stop thinking about to add one more layer in top of the downpipe, I felt it was stil naked and susbceptible to spread heat.

It came out really, small trim, reusing original bolts and cover.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 8D726F2A-69FA-486D-9198-7C18691484CC

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 2D676270-D05D-48CA-B943-82FF7D702EA5

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 18D60E07-D8A1-460C-A6C2-580DE5834326

Pretty :love:
Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury B48C2235-E36B-41B8-93A0-08DCC72291EA

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Any feedback to provide on your lightweight battery after a few months?

Been debating on changing to a lightweight battery but unsure about which product I should pick. Also if I really should since I don't daily drive my Type R.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag

Been debating on changing to a lightweight battery but unsure about which product I should pick. Also if I really should since I don't daily drive my Type R.
I purchased the shorai battery due to its weight but ended up selling mine because I didn't drive my car enough. From my understanding, if you don't move your car at least every 5 days, you're probably better off just sticking with the stock battery.

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag

Hi there.

I do recommend Shorei battery, definitely it helps with unwanted weight on the car. Another one I have always like is Braille battery, I already had two of them, plus the customer service was very good when they replaced for me under warranty.

Purchase, install & Maintenance has not been an issue for me.

I just came back from road trip in Miami, Florida with that battery and NO ISSUES. I live in Chicago.
Haven’t got any issues either: in the snow, hot weather A/C ON & traffic jams.

They last about: two to three years and with a good Maintenance ( to turn it often) they don’t bring you problems. Just make sure to register your warranty.

I hope this helps! :thumbsup:

I purchased the shorai battery due to its weight but ended up selling mine because I didn't drive my car enough. From my understanding, if you don't move your car at least every 5 days, you're probably better off just sticking with the stock battery.
He is right, for a lightweight battery, you have to use it regularly, 4 days without crank and gradually the battery will under-perform. This will or should dictate to get one.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Hi there.

I do recommend Shorei battery, definitely it helps with unwanted weight on the car. Another one I have always like is Braille battery, I already had two of them, plus the customer service was very good when they replaced for me under warranty.

Purchase, install & Maintenance has not been an issue for me.

I just came back from road trip in Miami, Florida with that battery and NO ISSUES. I live in Chicago.
Haven’t got any issues either: in the snow, hot weather A/C ON & traffic jams.

They last about: two to three years and with a good Maintenance ( to turn it often) they don’t bring you problems. Just make sure to register your warranty.

I hope this helps! :thumbsup:

He is right, for a lightweight battery, you have to use it regularly, 4 days without crank and gradually the battery will under-perform. This will or should dictate to get one.
btw. I was wondering how you were mounting your battery? I installed the shorai in mine for a few days and even utilizing all the included foam, it was not seated that well.

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
btw. I was wondering how you were mounting your battery? I installed the shorai in mine for a few days and even utilizing all the included foam, it was not seated that well.
I just used the foam only to correct the height – I didn’t surround the battery , this aligns exactly with the battery holder metal strap with same height as the OEM battery. So far the foam is good & no play yet.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
hey Fury, since you took off the scoop b4, do you see any possibility for water getting into spark plug area thru the big center hole n other smaller holes?? if so, should we plug those holes? i m getting concerned about corrosion ppl found in that area

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
hey Fury, since you took off the scoop b4, do you see any possibility for water getting into spark plug area thru the big center hole n other smaller holes?? if so, should we plug those holes? i m getting concerned about corrosion ppl found in that area
You just read my mind. After watched the video done by FlyingGato, I realized those wholes most likely let water pass to the top of the engine cover, agree. I am considering source flat rubber plugs for them, then later check after a test car wash, if the water residue still going in the same route.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Finally I’ve been able to take a moment and share this story..
NIGHT FURY DOES MIAMI!!

Preparation:

For those who track or road trip their CTR’s.

I used TRACK ARMOUR TAPE, instead of the regular Home Depot masking painter’s tape( green or Blu). And I have found a black masking tape that matches with the color of my car. This mostly for the black pearl owners. :D

Tips: to apply, wash the car and put any type of wax that you want, when apply the tape, make sure is room temp.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury D6CB35BC-B8A5-4258-B758-0D7BBCA78AF8

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury F7BB6BF1-0D86-4B08-8212-CC53E95B7FBF

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 77AE8CCF-AC64-4FCF-8BCC-319359050244

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury FBF4B2AD-0911-4D73-A698-79002F1F0E78