Night Fury

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
How's the tire compare to stock ? Grip wise ?

Can't even get this from my tire wholesaler it's not in their system yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
How's the tire compare to stock ? Grip wise ?

Can't even get this from my tire wholesaler it's not in their system yet.
Try to get them from Tire Rack, and they have a rebate as well.
I’m comparison to the stock tires the car came with:
-Minimal or less chirp, very grippy- I haven’t wheel spined as bad as I used to do in the 20” set, tire feels harder but definitely less bouncy, perhaps because I’m on 18”, in the rain is superb. Generally on this category of a extreme performance, they don’t do well on the rain. I haven’t took the car to any event, just street & highway driving. Plenty of tread left.
And for the money, it is a no brainer.

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Does it bother you, when you just washed the car, begin to drive & SUDDENLY some drops came out from the hood area on the windshield? Am I the only OCD person complaining about this? Guess what, I think we all can benefit from this mess actually...

Waiting "patiently" for some other supporting mods for the car, such as the Intercooler from you know who: Mishi' I began to think about HEAT DISIPATION people on the CTR. I went and copied the idea of mod I originally had on my old GTI: A lower trim insert gasket.

This basically opens up the area between the Hood & the firewall, allowing cooling air into the rear of the engine compartment when rolling, and out when sitting. Tests showed (from the original seller of this mod) that the engine bay temps are reduced up to 18 degrees. This will help prolong the life of any wiring harnesses, Vac hoses as well. You’ll might notice a slight increase in noise as the original serves largely to dampen/reduce sound. On this later I kinda deaf, I have barely heard louder, but just in case you hear more than me.

On the pic you have, from left to right: stock trim, a lower trim version & the skinniest I sourced.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 0184AB57-5FE5-49C8-BF0F-926653421A4B

The lower trim can be sourced on any hardware store, such as Home Depot or similar, IF you want to go in a more aggressive way, just remove the lower trim, this actually will allow even more air to travel out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 95CB6F63-932F-4E33-BDAF-3FD7916931DC

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Have you done mod yet and if so do you have any data?

Tone Loc

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #18323
Country flag
What's the tire specs? I'm also looking at RPF1's as summer wheels for my R. Can't wait to ditch the OEM 20's....

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
This seems to be a very good idea :thumbsup: But can you post up a pic to show where/which inserts we need to replace with the lower profile?

Does it bother you, when you just washed the car, begin to drive & SUDDENLY some drops came out from the hood area on the windshield? Am I the only OCD person complaining about this? Guess what, I think we all can benefit from this mess actually...

Waiting "patiently" for some other supporting mods for the car, such as the Intercooler from you know who: Mishi' I began to think about HEAT DISIPATION people on the CTR. I went and copied the idea of mod I originally had on my old GTI: A lower trim insert gasket.

This basically opens up the area between the Hood & the firewall, allowing cooling air into the rear of the engine compartment when rolling, and out when sitting. Tests showed (from the original seller of this mod) that the engine bay temps are reduced up to 18 degrees. This will help prolong the life of any wiring harnesses, Vac hoses as well. You’ll might notice a slight increase in noise as the original serves largely to dampen/reduce sound. On this later I kinda deaf, I have barely heard louder, but just in case you hear more than me.

On the pic you have, from left to right: stock trim, a lower trim version & the skinniest I sourced.

0184AB57-5FE5-49C8-BF0F-926653421A4B.jpeg

The lower trim can be sourced on any hardware store, such as Home Depot or similar, IF you want to go in a more aggressive way, just remove the lower trim, this actually will allow even more air to travel out.

95CB6F63-932F-4E33-BDAF-3FD7916931DC.jpeg

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
This seems to be a very good idea :thumbsup: But can you post up a pic to show where/which inserts we need to replace with the lower profile?
Hi there.

I have been using the car with the strip completely removed. However I will provide you with the part number from the other strip I sourced.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
How would the car stand against raining and car wash? Would water seep thru, any concerns?

Hi there.

I have been using the car with the strip completely removed. However I will provide you with the part number from the other strip I sourced.
Sponsored