scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Oh boy, OK just my two cents but the black OEM wheels look soooooo much better, especially considering your paint color. I imagine theres more to your wheel choice than color though.

And where do I get those light up red door sills?????
Sponsored

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
I’m a sucker for RPF1 wheels, this is my third set. I love how lightweight they are for the money, immediately they car feels like a feather-the pic doesn’t make any justice to them.
As for the door sills are factory option from the dealer :thumbsup:

ChiiR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Windshield banner installed :)

I’ve been annoyed with the sun in my face, every time I drive the car & one fellow owner gave me the idea to install a windshield banner on the car, since I love the Larry’s black 964, (the one from Ammo car care).

On satin black to a black car, it looks very discrete & somehow subtle for a mod like this, I like it. Excess sun gone!

34C8D554-2580-414E-90F6-E2E86B6E45E9.jpeg

F38A08B5-9413-4C60-9190-540E1933BEEA.jpeg

F3206AC8-EE32-4022-A9FC-DA95530A6014.jpeg
Where did you get your banner from? or did you just cut it out yourself. I'm getting my windows tinted on Thursday and my tint guy said he tried doing a tinted banner on his 18' hatch but couldn't get it to look right, something about it coming down to low.

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Where did you get your banner from? or did you just cut it out yourself. I'm getting my windows tinted on Thursday and my tint guy said he tried doing a tinted banner on his 18' hatch but couldn't get it to look right, something about it coming down to low.
I got this one, Link. You cut it yourself , it is very easy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Catch Can Update.

Super happy with this purchase, my last catch can experience in my older car was not even close this one, in terms of efficiency. (the trick here is to catch dirty gunk BUT not to a point that you have to pour every Friday a fresh quarter of oil).

This pic is about two weeks driving 40 miles per day.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 4DAE4D0F-6A70-4165-A0AF-F64A0798AE7E

The residue is minimal, either is a great catch can (which it is) or Honda did the homework making a good design of this intake manifold. Even during winter time here in Chicago with a good amount condensation, I have inspected the system, it is very promising to say that during hot weather we will see less gunk.

This pic has s after a week of usage,about 40 miles driving per day

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury EB385921-4C21-4E31-A3F5-3FC1D91EDDD0

Since everything is not perfect and we are growing older humans, I’m making a mod to take easy on my future achy back.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 2E2FD20C-2B62-4200-B242-1C5A84A5B0B0

And to make things easier, I use this ghetto extender & drain the can in literally 3 minutes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury AFE06EA7-B15F-4FF0-81D8-3477C29D7ED5

Honda Civic 10th gen Night Fury 17AC114E-34C3-4C25-B27D-54CD42AEEB64

Last edited:

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Oh boy, OK just my two cents but the black OEM wheels look soooooo much better, especially considering your paint color. I imagine theres more to your wheel choice than color though.

And where do I get those light up red door sills?????
RPF1s are like miatas. They are always the answer. (answers?)

Cheap, strong, very light, and in the unlikely event that you manage to bend them, they're easy to replace (unless you get a limited run color). Also- one variant or another will clear brembos. They also look good on pretty much every car.

You can get them in black although it's not always easy to find them in stock (in bolt patterns that are not 5x100 or 5x114.3). I think for this car with all the dark cladding on the bottom the black will look great.

I've had them on all my cars and will keep getting them. If enkei ever discontinues them there will be riots.

OP
OP
Night Fury

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
How did the install go and did you have to use a battery tie down? The Braille battery seems smaller than the OEM. Curiosity, I was thinking about getting one as well.

I removed the original battery & I held the new one with anchored rubber straps, just to get a feel of how light the car feels & drives, when the winter will be gone, my plan is try to use the OEM metal battery strap from the 2016 Honda CR-V, I think it fit this battery, I will provide pictures later :thumbsup: