Nice form from Honda for tracking maintenance for DIY'ers

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Nice form from Honda for tracking maintenance for DIY'ers Untitled

I just did my first oil change and found this nice form online for keeping records of the maintenance you do. I like doing that with my cars to help me when I eventually go to sell them. You could just write it all down on a sheet of notebook paper or something, but I think handing a folder full of these sheets to a potential buyer would impress them a lot more. Some buyers are skittish about a car that hasn't been serviced at a dealership and I think this would help with those.

Attachments

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for finding the form.

Alternatively, the myCarfax app will track stuff automatically (if your dealer participates - some do, some don't), or you can put in manual entries. Just keep your receipts :thumbsup:

OP
OP

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
That's pretty cool! Do you know if maintenance you log in the app shows up if someone else pulls a CarFax report for the car? That'd be really nice if it did, but I can't find anything in the app description in Google Play that mentions whether it does or not.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's pretty cool! Do you know if maintenance you log in the app shows up if someone else pulls a CarFax report for the car? That'd be really nice if it did, but I can't find anything in the app description in Google Play that mentions whether it does or not.
Nah, the self-reported stuff is just for yourself unfortunately, since Carfax tries to have their maintenance info be verified.

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Im keeping a binder full of receipts and records for my Civic, so Ive been looking for something like this so that I can include all my DIY things too. Thanks! I do use the CarFax app, but it really sucks that it doesn't report to the actual CarFax report, so I might ditch it all-together.

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I downloaded the PDF a few days ago and modified it slightly just for my own personal tastes (and because it said 2016, and mine is a 2017). I was able to scan an inspection sheet from work and save it as a PDF, which I can print off and attach to any service records. Since I do a lot of maintenance myself, I really wanted a way to track inspections too, since i usually do that every oil change. It's a GM inspection, but I think it could work well for any vehicle.

Attachments

OP
OP

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Very cool! I like the idea of tracking treadwear at each oil change

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I downloaded the PDF a few days ago and modified it slightly just for my own personal tastes (and because it said 2016, and mine is a 2017). I was able to scan an inspection sheet from work and save it as a PDF, which I can print off and attach to any service records. Since I do a lot of maintenance myself, I really wanted a way to track inspections too, since i usually do that every oil change. It's a GM inspection, but I think it could work well for any vehicle.
Official Honda Inspection sheets are available online.. just do a Google Image search.

Also Honda Tire rotation Sheets, and various other forms.

Time to crank up the color printer !!!
Sponsored