First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well, just gonna post my next few steps for my build. Any tips or recommendations or whatever constructive criticism will help!

What I have right now ...
2020 Type R.
Tomei D exhaust.
PRL HVI
PRL turbo inlet pipe. *not bolted on yet*

My plan ..
PRL downpipe. *Do you guys think I need the front pipe? Or it’s not really necessary?*
PRL Intercooler w/ charge pipes.
*After all my bolt ons, I’m going to get it tuned with Hondata.

Question, do you guys think I need to update my clutch? Or am I safe with FBO and a tune?

I’m honestly happy with the car and I don’t think I’m going to upgrade my turbo or suspension. Maybe coils or springs later down the road, but nothing immediate. Tires probably before next winter. Wheels I’ll hold off, but I want the Enkei Raijin.

Thanks for reading!

*Note. Just got my first service done. At around 7400 miles at my dealership. I currently reside in NJ.
Honda Civic 10th gen Next steps for my 2020 Type R. 08613A95-0DEA-4048-9DA2-08F800C3149C
Sponsored

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
You coming to the Type R Mega Meet this weekend coming up? Its in VA. Huge amount of Type R's. Also can I hear a clip of your Tomei Exhaust?

OP
OP
Rfabianfk82020

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did the Tomei not come with a FP? If so, it's not really necessary but just helps to match the rest if you get a DP and have a 3" exhaust. Not really a requirement but will help air flow easier. Clutch won't be needed. I was FBO, flex fuel, tuned and had the same concern and everyone assured me the Type R would be fine.
Okay that’s good information right there ! I’ll settle for the downpipe then. If I don’t need to spend the extra money, I won’t. Not trying to be cheap but I’m not trying to time attack this car or anything serious. Maybe a track day when it’s all done, but that’s it.

Jjk226

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW
Country flag
Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well, just gonna post my next few steps for my build. Any tips or recommendations or whatever constructive criticism will help!

What I have right now ...
2020 Type R.
Tomei D exhaust.
PRL HVI
PRL turbo inlet pipe. *not bolted on yet*

My plan ..
PRL downpipe. *Do you guys think I need the front pipe? Or it’s not really necessary?*
PRL Intercooler w/ charge pipes.
*After all my bolt ons, I’m going to get it tuned with Hondata.

Question, do you guys think I need to update my clutch? Or am I safe with FBO and a tune?

I’m honestly happy with the car and I don’t think I’m going to upgrade my turbo or suspension. Maybe coils or springs later down the road, but nothing immediate. Tires probably before next winter. Wheels I’ll hold off, but I want the Enkei Raijin.

Thanks for reading!

*Note. Just got my first service done. At around 7400 miles at my dealership. I currently reside in NJ.
08613A95-0DEA-4048-9DA2-08F800C3149C.jpeg
Ayy spotless auto lolol maybe I’ll run into you one of these days

OP
OP
Rfabianfk82020

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ayy spotless auto lolol maybe I’ll run into you one of these days
Just noticed your profile pic is there too lol. Yeah man. We’ll see each other one of these days. I live in the Bergen county area
Sponsored