Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Currently I am running a KN Drop in filter, Ktuner (TSP Stage 1 tune) and an Invidia catback exhaust. I am thinking about either getting a front mount intake, converting to a short ram intake with a heat shield, or waiting to save up and get a catted downpipe with front pipe. I am really gearing toward a front mount intercooler (since I do live in South Florida), and then going with the downpipe/frontpipe combo after. I am just trying to see if that would be a better "investment," and the brand I am looking at is the Rev9 front mount. Has anybody tried the Rev9 FMIC, and how did you like it? In addition with the cat vs catless downpipe was there a lot of in-car fuel odors. When I had my Genesis coupe I had a catless downpipe and I don't remember it being all that bad. I would have some gas smell every once in a while, but other than that it wasn't anything that bothered myself or my passengers. I am just trying to see if I can kind of cheap out on that when the time comes and go with the catless downpipe. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP

Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I should also that with the FMIC I would keep the stock piping until it's time to get those changed out (years later when they deteriorate).

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The major benefit from an upgraded IC is upgrading the piping. The stock piping is small. If you want real benefit, buy a FMIC with upgraded piping.
Sponsored