Exosyx

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
My 2018 SI has a PRL short ram intake, and a cat-back straight pipe. What would be a smarter move for the next mod, ktuner or intercooler upgrade?
Sponsored

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner for dayz, that should have been your first mod!

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ic IMO. Tuning your car will cause it to heat soak more rapidly. The more wot pulls the quicker you will feel your car heat soak. My stock Si will heat soak quickly during summer. I would say ic then tune.

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Ic IMO. Tuning your car will cause it to heat soak more rapidly. The more wot pulls the quicker you will feel your car heat soak. My stock Si will heat soak quickly during summer. I would say ic then tune.
I would have to agree with you. I couldn't wait to have my intercooler installed this summer. I had ktuner for month prior to the install and the temps are a night and day difference.

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Should get rid of the SRI also, or get a heat shield around the filter. That alone is a heat soak magnet
Correct. I have prl cai and 27won. I will switch to 27won when I get the chance to install.

D34thlock17

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Both mods will benefit you greatly. At least I did my intercooler last and I noticed a big difference in the way the car performed in terms of IAT and knock. Before my intercooler running intake, dp, fp and exhaust I noticed that my IATs would build up fast and my knock would climb like crazy.

I say go KTuner now but get an IC as soon as possible as well.

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I would have to agree with you. I couldn't wait to have my intercooler installed this summer. I had ktuner for month prior to the install and the temps are a night and day difference.
Question: My Si is my daily driver and will NEVER be tracked. However, I am running Phearable. Is an intercooler necessary for me?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Question: My Si is my daily driver and will NEVER be tracked. However, I am running Phearable. Is an intercooler necessary for me?
It’s not technically necessary, but will absolutely mitigate heatsoak and give you more consistent power. With the cooler weather we are having, it isn’t urgent, but in the summers..

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
My 2018 SI has a PRL short ram intake, and a cat-back straight pipe. What would be a smarter move for the next mod, ktuner or intercooler upgrade?
As others have mentioned a Ktuner with a free phearable stage 1.5 tune would be the best modification you can make for your setup. There after an intercooler would be recommended for optimal performance. Specifically in warmer weather.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
As others have mentioned a Ktuner with a free phearable stage 1.5 tune would be the best modification you can make for your setup. There after an intercooler would be recommended for optimal performance. Specifically in warmer weather.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Just so I'm clear, you recommend an intercooler, not a cold air intake, correct?
Sponsored