Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
Correct. I have prl cai and 27won. I will switch to 27won when I get the chance to install.
I am curious about the 27 won cai intake now since they added race maf. I currently have the prl cai race maf but makes me uncomfortable living in Florida and it sitting on the wheel well. But not sure if there is a tune available through ktuner already or if I needed a custom tune. The only tunes I saw under si were 27 won with the turbo and race maf combined.
Sponsored

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Just so I'm clear, you recommend an intercooler, not a cold air intake, correct?
The stock intake & downpipe/exhaust actually work better then most people think.
A majority of consumers think "aftermarket is better". This is NOT the case.
Specifically when it comes to intakes.

If you were to modify your vehicle we would recommend modifications in the following order:
1. Ktuner + Phearable Stage 1.5 Tune.
2. Intercooler if your in a hot/warm climate.
3. Intake if you want some sound and slightly added performance. (Not just any intake. Quality intake like the PRL cobra CAI)
4. Downpipe & Front pipe

If you want more power then what our stage 1.5 tune yields and you have access to e85 we would recommend a flex fuel kit with our phearable stage 2.5 tune. You will want to be ready to upgrade your clutch if you plan on running high boost on the stage 2.5 tune.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I am curious about the 27 won cai intake now since they added race maf. I currently have the prl cai race maf but makes me uncomfortable living in Florida and it sitting on the wheel well. But not sure if there is a tune available through ktuner already or if I needed a custom tune. The only tunes I saw under si were 27 won with the turbo and race maf combined.
I have yet to see someone hydrolock their engine using a prl cai.

Our Phearable stage 1.5 and stage 2.5 tunes support the 27won race maf.

The 27won race maf really isn't needed for a stock turbo application.
The 27won race maf is very large which means you will see more stable fuel trims on a 27won street maf. This applies on any tune using that large of a maf, not just our tune.

OP
OP
Exosyx

Exosyx

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
As others have mentioned a Ktuner with a free phearable stage 1.5 tune would be the best modification you can make for your setup. There after an intercooler would be recommended for optimal performance. Specifically in warmer weather.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Where would I be able to find the free phearable tune

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
I have yet to see someone hydrolock their engine using a prl cai.

Our Phearable stage 1.5 and stage 2.5 tunes support the 27won race maf.

The 27won race maf really isn't needed for a stock turbo application.
The 27won race maf is very large which means you will see more stable fuel trims on a 27won street maf. This applies on any tune using that large of a maf, not just our tune.
I know but I plan on adding a lot more to my car in the next 6 months including the 27won turbo and intercooler. But thank you for your response I didn’t know the tune I have supported the 27 won race maf as well.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
My 2018 SI has a PRL short ram intake, and a cat-back straight pipe. What would be a smarter move for the next mod, ktuner or intercooler upgrade?
I agree with the people before me, the intercooler upgrade will be a great choice for the next mod! However in order to get the maximum potential for your intercooler, you will need to tune the car for it, which is where the Ktuner will come in handy. However, I strongly believe you should do the intercooler first and just tune the car once its on, rather than getting ktuner, tuning it, putting on the intercooler and retuning it.

We have the Mishimoto intercooler available on our website! You have the option of purchasing it with or without the charge pipes (i recommend getting the charge pipes with it since you have to take the bumper off to do the intercooler, you might as well get the charge pipes in while you have the car disassembled. You can find the link to the intercooler here: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-si/products/mishimoto.
Happy Motoring!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Where would I be able to find the free phearable tune
Links are in my signature. The tune is only free with the purchase of a Ktuner from us.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I know but I plan on adding a lot more to my car in the next 6 months including the 27won turbo and intercooler. But thank you for your response I didn’t know the tune I have supported the 27 won race maf as well.
It sure does. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I agree with the people before me, the intercooler upgrade will be a great choice for the next mod! However in order to get the maximum potential for your intercooler, you will need to tune the car for it, which is where the Ktuner will come in handy. However, I strongly believe you should do the intercooler first and just tune the car once its on, rather than getting ktuner, tuning it, putting on the intercooler and retuning it.

We have the Mishimoto intercooler available on our website! You have the option of purchasing it with or without the charge pipes (i recommend getting the charge pipes with it since you have to take the bumper off to do the intercooler, you might as well get the charge pipes in while you have the car disassembled. You can find the link to the intercooler here: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-si/products/mishimoto.
Happy Motoring!
Adding an intercooler doesn’t require retuning.

A car with intake, intercooler and stock tune will not out perform one with a Ktuner and the phearable stage 1.5 tune.

Unless the original poster lives in the desert or is road racing their car an intercooler and charge piping upgrade is not a vital need.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Adding an intercooler doesn’t require retuning.

A car with intake, intercooler and stock tune will not out perform one with a Ktuner and the phearable stage 1.5 tune.

Unless the original poster lives in the desert or is road racing their car an intercooler and charge piping upgrade is not a vital need.
Hey John, didn't imply an aftermarket IC needs a re-tune to operate but you can re-tune for best performance. For sure, the tuned vehicle will always outrun the factory tuned car with IC, and other upgrades.

Our Blue Si is FBO and on a Hondata Basemap - no changes made to the tune when the Mishi IC was added. Our Red Si is FBO with 27won with K-Tuner, awaiting to be pro-tuned, and our CTR is FBO, pro-tuned as well.

Congrats on your recent successes, hearing good things about your tunes!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Hey John, didn't imply an aftermarket IC needs a re-tune to operate but you can re-tune for best performance. For sure, the tuned vehicle will always outrun the factory tuned car with IC, and other upgrades.

Our Blue Si is FBO and on a Hondata Basemap - no changes made to the tune when the Mishi IC was added. Our Red Si is FBO with 27won with K-Tuner, awaiting to be pro-tuned, and our CTR is FBO, pro-tuned as well.

Congrats on your recent successes, hearing good things about your tunes!
Thanks!

I thought you were implying an intercooler upgrade would require a new tune. Anyhow, no worries.

If you ever need tuning assistance feel free to reach out ?
Sponsored