Next Gen Type R Survey

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Leather one, if you can find it goes for like 150-200 depending on where you get it. I really don’t recommend Honda’s leather, mine tore apart pretty quickly with use.
Too bad. I had my GTI wheel custom wrapped with perforated/smooth leather + an integrated rally stripe. The leather from that was much better quality and more durable than the OEM VW leather steering wheel and even that I would say is above Honda's in quality.

I wouldn't get this one rewrapped just cuz of the red inserts the factory wheels have. I don't think they can replicate that with a rewrap.....but I may be wrong.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Too bad. I had my GTI wheel custom wrapped with perforated/smooth leather + an integrated rally stripe. The leather from that was much better quality and more durable than the OEM VW leather steering wheel and even that I would say is above Honda's in quality.

I wouldn't get this one rewrapped just cuz of the red inserts the factory wheels have. I don't think they can replicate that with a rewrap.....but I may be wrong.
Honda Civic 10th gen Next Gen Type R Survey 6B82F716-3043-4B6B-97C1-7841EC524F8E

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
:eek: please share details........or don't so you don't cost me money lol
This one was done by SWEIDIT. If memory serves 390 if you send him your wheel back to him after he sends you his. I think buying a core from him is like 180 or something.

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
It seems Honda cared more about the damn steering wheel in the next generation type r..verse the design of the new type r..WTF? Next generation looks terrible and rumor has it might be mixed with hybrid technology.. :doh:

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
I would not worry about Gen. 11 being a hybrid. Not enough development time for that, and I doubt they will do much in that direction for the Civic until they get some feedback on the Acura experience with the tech. The survey focuses on stuff that is easily slotted into manufacturing, and which represents low-hanging fruit. All the really cool stuff is long-lead time and hella complex, and I seriously doubt that casual user surveys will sway them much on that sort of high-dollar commitment.

But they can sure give us wonky steering wheel options and stuff like that for cheap.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
It seems Honda cared more about the damn steering wheel in the next generation type r..verse the design of the new type r..WTF? Next generation looks terrible and rumor has it might be mixed with hybrid technology.. :doh:
I mean . . . not all hybrids are bad:
Honda Civic 10th gen Next Gen Type R Survey 2019-acura-nsx-placement-1535040483

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
They really can't change the main design much unfortunately. So that's locked in regardless of how we all feel about it. Add some ground effects and a wide-body to the hatchback and you'll have the next generation type R.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would never want an alcantara wheel versus my leather one, one reason I am keeping my '18. I can live with controlling volume from the wheel. I never use the slider.

Funny they didn't send all of us a survey. Or ask about something more important like 'how do you feel about having a turning radius 3 or 4 feet larger than ideal ?'