Next auto-show or info release date?

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
Do we have any date or timeline when we'll get more information on the SI? Sedan, power specs, etc.
Sponsored

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I was looking at the upcoming auto show websites and nothing about the R or anything Civic related is on any of the sites. Typically by now, schedules will be posted with a hint of something to come. The only thing Honda is talking about is the Odyssey prototype.

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
I was looking at the upcoming auto show websites and nothing about the R or anything Civic related is on any of the sites. Typically by now, schedules will be posted with a hint of something to come. The only thing Honda is talking about is the Odyssey prototype.
I'm thinking we will have to wait till the New York Auto Show (April 20th), biggest show around spring time. I think the strategy is to keep us waiting till the last minute....

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't understand Honda's perspective on promoting their own products. They do a quick tease, then completely cut off the stream of information and pretend it doesn't exist. How is that supposed to get consumers excited?

It seems ass-backwards to be so tight-lipped.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I don't understand Honda's perspective on promoting their own products. They do a quick tease, then completely cut off the stream of information and pretend it doesn't exist. How is that supposed to get consumers excited?

Reverse psychology my friend.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag

At this point, theres nothing to do except wait. We've been told by several Honda executive's to expect a launch in the spring of 2017, and a few have said early summer. I personally know people within the supply chain who have received info to have R parts ready for an April launch.

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile

Well, people here can't stop thinking about it, so it can't be that bad a strategy.

atwellb79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Si, 335xi
Country flag
For what it's worth my dealership said Si and Type R will be released at Chicago Auto Show. They did debut the 06 Si prototype there. Could be biased since my dealership is outside of Chicago.

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
For what it's worth my dealership said Si and Type R will be released at Chicago Auto Show. They did debut the 06 Si prototype there. Could be biased since my dealership is outside of Chicago.
FWIW I was at a South Western Ontario dealership tonight getting the brakes on my 2013 Si Sedan worked on and the salesman advised that the first batch of 2017 Si's would be delivered later this month and then another batch in late February. I take it with a grain of salt but if the engine details are revealed in Detroit next week I see no reason why his timeline isn't legit, especially if they're being manufactured in Acton Ontario.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, I wish the guys at my dealership could at least humor me with BS. They don't even know the Si is coming.

Stevescivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic couple ex-t
FWIW I was at a South Western Ontario dealership tonight getting the brakes on my 2013 Si Sedan worked on and the salesman advised that the first batch of 2017 Si's would be delivered later this month and then another batch in late February. I take it with a grain of salt but if the engine details are revealed in Detroit next week I see no reason why his timeline isn't legit, especially if they're being manufactured in Acton Ontario.
It's Alliston Ontario I have to agree. Detroit will be the tell all venue.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Post deleted.
Sponsored