Newly available quick adjustments for TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 Tunes! (Throttle Responsiveness and Padding)

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
It really does!
My guess that on Pherable Throttle response is set to Factory and Padding is around "Soft"
About to try the pherable tune and then this came out next, everything I wanted for 200% better tune with the padding
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It really does!
My guess that on Pherable Throttle response is set to Factory and Padding is around "Soft"
Per Phearable, their Throttle Padding is set to standard. I'm going to try out medium and soft with their tune as soon as my car is out of the shop! (Hit a deer last week...)

Honda Civic 10th gen Newly available quick adjustments for TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 Tunes! (Throttle Responsiveness and Padding) Screenshot_20201008-140205_Firefox

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Wow thx to tsp to make it happen!

Since days one I'm with tsp and I realy like the suppport of the team.

Don't loose it you make the 10th gen civic an great aftermarket community.

?

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Per Phearable, their Throttle Padding is set to standard. I'm going to try out medium and soft with their tune as soon as my car is out of the shop! (Hit a deer last week...)

Screenshot_20201008-140205_Firefox.jpg
I was talking about what settings to set on TSP to feel the same way as on Pherable, just my guess. I'm driving on Medium padding and I love it.

Dammm I hope damage was not to bad...

civicsicoupe20

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was driving on TSP stage 1 (Civic SI 2020 - was lucky enough to get Beta version)

My first impression, I really like it. Ability to adjust Throttle Response and Padding, makes it 100% easy daily drivable on day to day bases.
I set everything to medium and it fixed all the issues which i had previously such as:
- really tricky 1st gear - throttle was way to sensitive and padding to aggressive in the original presetings.
- occasional aggressive jerk when you letting off the gas - fixed now (it was my biggest complain with my 2020SI)
- Its also looks like now its much more easier to switch gears

Over all, I really impressed that such a small change making such great impact.
I also have a 2020 si and It's pretty jerky everytime im off the throttle when rev hang is disabled I'm gonna try medium settings as well.

k33pup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Also, make sure that you lower the throttle response. Otherwise you just over raving it.
True! I lowered throttle and set padding to medium. Much better!

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Also, make sure that you lower the throttle response. Otherwise you just over raving it.
Well the turbo response 2 was good to me so I only switched the padding to medium and its the way for daily driving.I very like the standard padding but sometimes you just want it smoothness.
The feeling about shifting looks to be better for daily driving it for sure.
I will try this setup until winter is here!
Well great job to tsp and ktuner.

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are my impressions after running a few errands with soft throttle padding and factory responsiveness on TSP Stage 1 Map 3. Definitely less jerkiness when shifting gears and when just letting off the gas especially in a low gear like 2nd. The car's responsiveness in low RPM and light to medium throttle feels like how it does in map 1 now which is a bad thing IMO, feels sluggish. The TSP Stage 1 product page does distinguish Map 3 as having " Improved Turbocharger Response II." I am not sure if this is the same thing as the setting we're changing "Throttle Responsiveness." I am going to try soft padding and Improved Throttle Response II to see if I can get the peppiness when I step on the gas and keep the jerkiness when lifting the throttle eliminated. Overall, definitely some noticeable improvements made from changing these settings. Everybody is going to have different preferences and from my tests, these settings are definitely worth playing around with if you have the time.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are my impressions after running a few errands with soft throttle padding and factory responsiveness on TSP Stage 1 Map 3. Definitely less jerkiness when shifting gears and when just letting off the gas especially in a low gear like 2nd. The car's responsiveness in low RPM and light to medium throttle feels like how it does in map 1 now which is a bad thing IMO, feels sluggish. The TSP Stage 1 product page does distinguish Map 3 as having " Improved Turbocharger Response II." I am not sure if this is the same thing as the setting we're changing "Throttle Responsiveness." I am going to try soft padding and Improved Throttle Response II to see if I can get the peppiness when I step on the gas and keep the jerkiness when lifting the throttle eliminated. Overall, definitely some noticeable improvements made from changing these settings. Everybody is going to have different preferences and from my tests, these settings are definitely worth playing around with if you have the time.
FYI throttle response and turbo response are indeed two separate settings.

Shazad

I'm excited to share that the latest version of the KTuner software is now allowing adjustment of throttle responsiveness and throttle padding for our TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes for the 2017+ Civic Si. (more support coming as KTuner updates other software versions, please be patient, the 10th gen Civic models have dozens and dozens of them!)

1602017867061.png

Throttle responsiveness:

(Per KTuner) - "The Throttle Responsiveness options give multiple levels of alterations over the factory throttle response. Each level titled "Improved" is more aggressive. There's also a less aggressive option geared toward eco."

** This setting allows you to adjust how sensitive your throttle is. While some enjoy the aggressive nature of the Improved II setting that our TSP tunes default to, this allows any users that would prefer a more toned down response to select an option that better suites their driving style.

Throttle padding:

(Per KTuner) - "Throttle Padding is available on Manual Transmission vehicles and should be used in conjunction with the Disable Rev Hang Quick Enable. This allows extra padding since without rev hang the transition from decel back into normal operation can be more aggressive. There are multiple levels of padding to accommodate any driving style."

** The TSP tunes default to "Standard" throttle padding, which gives you a more old school feel. KTuner also offers "Medium" and "Soft" padding options that smooth things out a bit and offer a smoother and closer to factory feel without keeping rev hang around. There is no wrong setting here, it just depends on your personal preferences. Now you have the power to choose.

How do I get access to these settings?:

All you have to do is download and install the latest file version from KTuner, 1.0.9.10 (or newer): https://ktuner.com/downloads/

Once you install the new software from KTuner and open our TSP Stage 1 Si tune, you will find the new options available. You will not require a new file from TSP and no additional purchase is required.

** Special thanks to the team at KTuner for helping us make this happen. We are happy to offer these options to our customers **
What about custom tune from drob?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
What about custom tune from drob?
These updates would apply to any "locked" tune file created in KTuner for the 10th Gen Civic Si.

Misa33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Hatchback Sport Plus
Country flag
I'm excited to share that the latest version of the KTuner software is now allowing adjustment of throttle responsiveness and throttle padding for our TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes for the 2017+ Civic Si. (more support coming as KTuner updates other software versions, please be patient, the 10th gen Civic models have dozens and dozens of them!)

1602017867061.png

Throttle responsiveness:

(Per KTuner) - "The Throttle Responsiveness options give multiple levels of alterations over the factory throttle response. Each level titled "Improved" is more aggressive. There's also a less aggressive option geared toward eco."

** This setting allows you to adjust how sensitive your throttle is. While some enjoy the aggressive nature of the Improved II setting that our TSP tunes default to, this allows any users that would prefer a more toned down response to select an option that better suites their driving style.

Throttle padding:

(Per KTuner) - "Throttle Padding is available on Manual Transmission vehicles and should be used in conjunction with the Disable Rev Hang Quick Enable. This allows extra padding since without rev hang the transition from decel back into normal operation can be more aggressive. There are multiple levels of padding to accommodate any driving style."

** The TSP tunes default to "Standard" throttle padding, which gives you a more old school feel. KTuner also offers "Medium" and "Soft" padding options that smooth things out a bit and offer a smoother and closer to factory feel without keeping rev hang around. There is no wrong setting here, it just depends on your personal preferences. Now you have the power to choose.

How do I get access to these settings?:

All you have to do is download and install the latest file version from KTuner, 1.0.9.10 (or newer): https://ktuner.com/downloads/

Once you install the new software from KTuner and open our TSP Stage 1 Si tune, you will find the new options available. You will not require a new file from TSP and no additional purchase is required.

** Special thanks to the team at KTuner for helping us make this happen. We are happy to offer these options to our customers **
Is this feature available to ECUs marked as "initial supported"?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Is this feature available to ECUs marked as "initial supported"?
As of today this is only available for Si models, which are all fully supported at this time. We can look forward to KTuner offering these options on non-Si ecus on future updates.
Sponsored