Newly available quick adjustments for TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 Tunes! (Throttle Responsiveness and Padding)

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awwww yeah! Looking forward to this. The major complaint I had was letting off the throttle under ~15 mph, the car would jerk badly. Learned that I had to finesse the throttle slowly when letting off. Hoping that allowing the adjustment of throttle padding will help a lot!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I was driving on TSP stage 1 (Civic SI 2020 - was lucky enough to get Beta version)

My first impression, I really like it. Ability to adjust Throttle Response and Padding, makes it 100% easy daily drivable on day to day bases.
I set everything to medium and it fixed all the issues which i had previously such as:
- really tricky 1st gear - throttle was way to sensitive and padding to aggressive in the original presetings.
- occasional aggressive jerk when you letting off the gas - fixed now (it was my biggest complain with my 2020SI)
- Its also looks like now its much more easier to switch gears

Over all, I really impressed that such a small change making such great impact.
That is gonna make a lot of Si guys happy.

k33pup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
You are correct about rev hang. The way KTuner has it setup, whenever cruise control is on (even when not in use) the factory rev hang programming is still in place. Rev hang delete is NOT active at this time.

The throttle responsiveness setting is active 100% of the time, regardless of cruise control.
Great! Will be trying out today. Would be nice to be able to self adjust the full throttle shift as well. Its a bit high for me.

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Sorry but.... i assume that the update also refers to the non-si version, doesn't it !?
Do you plan to make possible to customize maps 1-2-3 with psi selection like Andre80 said ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but.... i assume that the update also refers to the non-si version, doesn't it !?
Do you plan to make possible to customize maps 1-2-3 with psi selection like Andre80 said ?
I don't think that would happen. The psi settings were set by Derek. I totally understand why TSP did that. They dialed in boost numbers they were comfortable with and don't want owners messing with them. They are opening up some safe driveability settings for the masses.

D-Rob would happily do a custom tune for those looking for a different power output.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
in Italy, Spain, Greece in the summer running at 24 psi is impossible, after 3 WOT the temperatures start skyrocketing, I saw the knock retard at -11, and we all know how much power is cut to -11, in the combustion chamber yes raise hell

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
I don't think that would happen. The psi settings were set by Derek. I totally understand why TSP did that. They dialed in boost numbers they were comfortable with and don't want owners messing with them. They are opening up some safe driveability settings for the masses.

D-Rob would happily do a custom tune for those looking for a different power output.

there are many users who have map two set differently on request so it is doable

we just need to enable the drop-down menu of map 2

with this I am not saying that I don't like the product or it is scarce, on the contrary we are all very satisfied
and we will never stop thanking ktuner and TSP for what they offer us, but we are close to making it perfect

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
there are many users who have map two set differently on request so it is doable

we just need to enable the drop-down menu of map 2

with this I am not saying that I don't like the product or it is scarce, on the contrary we are all very satisfied
and we will never stop thanking ktuner and TSP for what they offer us, but we are close to making it perfect
I believe i saw only one guy who done it, he actually paid extra to do it. So if you willing to pay extra I'd assume they will help you out.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
I believe i saw only one guy who done it, he actually paid extra to do it. So if you willing to pay extra I'd assume they will help you out.
[/CITAZIONE]

I offered to pay, but always negative
if you see controversy in my messages I apologize, it is not my intention to do it, it is just a request that I have been making for a year now

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen TSP doing that (I could be mistaken though). What I have seen is them flip flopping Maps 1&3 for those wanting the high power tune as default for a small fee.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
I haven't seen TSP doing that (I could be mistaken though). What I have seen is them flip flopping Maps 1&3 for those wanting the high power tune as default for a small fee.
with the hours you spend on this forum, weird you ran away

Andrew fk7H

First Name
ANDREA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 1.5 2019
Country flag
I too asked to be able to modify the Psi of map 2, obviously paying for the modification but I was always told that it was not possible (written 2/3 mail), it is a shame because being able to use map 2 for example to 19 psi would be very comfortable for summer use, and to preserve the engine as well
Sponsored