Newest 2017 Civic Hatchback Prototype Spotted

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good conversation going on here. I find the comments of zx2donw & robbjK88 to be most intriguing & you both obviously know what your talking about. I have a 14' V6 MT Accord couple and once you clear the box, the best way I can think to describe it is smooth, consistent power and it pulls surprisingly hard to 100+. Definitely under rated as a strong performer. There is definitely room to improve the J35Y2. An LSD would do it wonders putting down the power, as it will spin in 1st & 2nd gear without going FT. With a better head & DOHC, it feels like it could easily go 300+hp. That being said, I agree that a turbo4 in the Accord would be better balanced; lighter & better handling with a more neutral F/R weight ratio. My '08 SI with the HFP suspension, 18" wheels & summer rubber was once of the best handling Honda's I've ever driven. I am beyond excited for the CTR and think it will be a brilliant set up. Been waiting for a Honda tuned 2.0 turbo my whole adult life, regardless of what platform it was on. I do think a 2.0T CRZ would pull some sales from the CTR. The 5 door hatch CTR has more benefits for me with a family & dogs, but minus that, a 2.0T CRZ with 280hp would be an easy sell.
Sponsored

Knildo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2012 MINI JCW
Do you guys think the hatch will have any performance upgrades (power/suspension) over the current sedan/coupe? If they are being built in Swindon with the CTR, and there will be no Si hatch variant, something a bit sportier and more powerful but not quite Si level might make some sense?

I've read the hatch is looking to be more sporty and premium, but wasn't clear if that was referring solely to higher trims only and 6mt or actual extras over what's being offered now.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Do you guys think the hatch will have any performance upgrades (power/suspension) over the current sedan/coupe? If they are being built in Swindon with the CTR, and there will be no Si hatch variant, something a bit sportier and more powerful but not quite Si level might make some sense?

I've read the hatch is looking to be more sporty and premium, but wasn't clear if that was referring solely to higher trims only and 6mt or actual extras over what's being offered now.
I would bet slightly stiffer springs and ride quality. Maybe slightly lower (marginally.) no performance engine related modifications. Look at the coupe, it has a stiffer suspension over the sedan for those exact reasons of being sportier. Plus other creature comfort ammenites such as the stereo.