Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We've had another close-up encounter with the 2017 Honda Civic, catching a prototype in the throes of some hot-weather testing in the Southwestern U.S.

The latest prototype gives us our best, closest look yet at its front-grille treatment, which has two air-inlet slits cut in just above the main grille bar. The Civic's sleek profile is once again, clearly visible, as are the bulk of its tail-lights, set wide at the corners.

Also more photos of the next Civic's center stack and instrument pod, caught at a different location in Ohio.

Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv01.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv04.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv03.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv02.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv05.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv06.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv07.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv09.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv08.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv11.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv10c.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv10.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv11c.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv14.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv15.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv12.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv13.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics HondaCivic.int02.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv16.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics HondaCivic.int04.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics CivicSedan.dv17.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics HondaCivic.int03.KGP.ed
Honda Civic 10th gen Newest 2016 Civic Sedan closeup spy pics HondaCivic.int05.KGP.ed

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
With every set of pics I get more excited. It does look like they kept about as close to the Civic concept as you can, with more production type headlights.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This one appears to have the 1.5T engine. You can see the dual exhaust in the rear, and the intercooler in the front.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
This one appears to have the 1.5T engine. You can see the dual exhaust in the rear, and the intercooler in the front.
Good spot.

The roofline shape is so clear in these photos. Looks really sleek. I'm not in the market for a sedan but I think this one could be a looker.

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
Someone tell me those wheels are only for testing. They look like hubcaps!

@Administrator can we get some videos? I'd like to hear how the 1.5T sounds.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Since we are all stating our opinions... I really hate the interior above. If it looks like this I am out! It's really cheap looking and retro.
In regards to the digital speedo, this is the reason I got my civic. I also like the split view but would be open to something different provided it was aesthetically pleasing...by 2016 standards not 1970s. The more digital functions and interfaces the more attractive it is to me.

And yes I agree the wheels are ugly.

Furthermore I don't understand the secrecy... If it's coming out in a few months they should provide some info...

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
Since we are all stating our opinions... I really hate the interior above. If it looks like this I am out! It's really cheap looking and retro.
In regards to the digital speedo, this is the reason I got my civic. I also like the split view but would be open to something different provided it was aesthetically pleasing...by 2016 standards not 1970s. The more digital functions and interfaces the more attractive it is to me.

And yes I agree the wheels are ugly.

Furthermore I don't understand the secrecy... If it's coming out in a few months they should provide some info...
I'm totally with you on the secrecy, considering the supposed fall release date. I wouldn't worry too much about the interior. Besides, the interior pic above looks to be a non-Si model. At least I think so because of the "Econ" button to the right of the shifter. Not to mention of course that an Si shoudn't even be offered with an automatic. In any case, I fully expect them the engineers and designers to sweat the details. Waiting sucks.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I really don't understand Honda's business case for secrecy a few months before production. A lot of people will be like...oh I'll just buy something else rather than wait for an unknown.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
I really don't understand Honda's business case for secrecy a few months before production. A lot of people will be like...oh I'll just buy something else rather than wait for an unknown.
I understand secrecy to build up hype, but agree it is strange when we're this close to production. At least a few months are needed after releasing specs, pricing and other info for people to start planning and saving for a car purchase.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Honda doesn't want to derail any sales of the outgoing model.

Of course enthusiasts will already know that a new one is on it's way, there are plenty of other consumers who do not know, or know much about a new one that may otherwise hold off until the new one comes out. They would be lost sales as far as the outgoing model is concerned.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Ok that makes sense. Still the old model is ugly... Their sales have plummeted anyway. But yes... I take your point!
Sponsored