MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
I have 15,000 miles on my 2020 CTR. I just got my first flat and while I had the tire off I took a quick pic of the brakes. Is where I have the arrow, where I can take an accurate measurement of my remaining pad?
Honda Civic 10th gen Newby brake pad question IMG_0458.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Newby brake pad question IMG_0458.JPG
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I have 15,000 miles on my 2020 CTR. I just got my first flat and while I had the tire off I took a quick pic of the brakes. Is where I have the arrow, where I can take an accurate measurement of my remaining pad?
IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG
Can I ask what the purpose of measuring it is?

You'd measure it from the metal. Where your arrow is pointing is basically when you need to replace your pads asap.

OP
OP
MediaMaster

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can I ask what the purpose of measuring it is?

You'd measure it from the metal. Where your arrow is pointing is basically when you need to replace your pads asap.
To compare how much wear I have on the pads. The first oil change at 8400 miles the dealer had the rear pads at 8 mm and the fronts at 9 mm. So I thought if I could measure them now at roughly double the mileage I could roughly figure out how much longer I have before they need replacement.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
To compare how much wear I have on the pads. The first oil change at 8400 miles the dealer had the rear pads at 8 mm and the fronts at 9 mm. So I thought if I could measure them now at roughly double the mileage I could roughly figure out how much longer I have before they need replacement.
Gotcha, well the eyeball test shows me you've got tons of life on them.

Like I said, where your arrow is pointing is a good spot to have a set ready to go on.

OP
OP
MediaMaster

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha, well the eyeball test shows me you've got tons of life on them.

Like I said, where your arrow is pointing is a good spot to have a set ready to go on.
Thank you.
Sponsored