Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on the intake, you may want to get it custom tuned. Some throw off fueling pretty badly.
If I'm running an Afe Pro S Dry filter would I be ok keeping it or is it safer to put the stock filter back in? In other words, I assume the base tunes were designed to run best with a bone stock setup, right?
Sponsored

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
If I'm running an Afe Pro S Dry filter would I be ok keeping it or is it safer to put the stock filter back in? In other words, I assume the base tunes were designed to run best with a bone stock setup, right?
The rule is... If you're placing the MAF into another housing that's NOT the stock airbox, you should have the car custom tuned, since you're most likely changing the signal to the MAF.

Sticking a different filter in the stock box, adding a silicone intake arm in place of the corrugated arm, etc; it will not change the way the MAF is seeing airflow through it enough to call for recalibration.

Stock airbox/housing = any of the supplied maps will work fine.

Aftermarket MAF housing = tuning required.

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5 T. Sport
Country flag
Hi,

my ECU is on status "initial support", and i have loaded stage 2 tune.

Are the features about stage 2 (initial ecu support) equal about stage 2 (full ecu support)?

Thanks

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, but are the performance the same?
The boost levels are the same, you just have a few less extras (on the starter maps) that tweak driveability a bit. Even without the extras though, the difference with KTuner will amaze you. Great product.

As far as the "staged tunes", like Stage 2, they are virtually identical because those aren't really adjustable.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The boost levels are the same you just have a few less extras that tweak driveability somewhat. Even without the extras though, the difference with KTuner will amaze you. Great product.
Thanks Gtman!
Today i tried the stage 2; over 3500 rpm my car is explosive, but under 3500 rpm i I didn't notice any big differences with the stock.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on where your support is in terms of your ECU, the Starter maps can give you adjustments that can tweak your low end throttle and turbo response.

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Depending on where your support is in terms of your ECU, the Starter maps can give you adjustments that can tweak your low end throttle and turbo response.
It is right, i will done it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With map stage2 , not.
I see that quick adjustement are available for starter end user map only.
That's correct. The Stage maps are "legacy tunes" and not adjustable even with full support.

The Starter 21 will give you the same boost as Stage 2 but the quick adjustments and enables will get you beyond Stage 2. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's correct. The Stage maps are "legacy tunes" and not adjustable even with full support.

The Starter 21 will give you the same boost as Stage 2 but the quick adjustments and enables will get you beyond Stage 2. :thumbsup: If you need assistance with the quick adjustment settings, I'll be glad to help.
Thanks again Gtman, i will done it.:thumbsup:
Sponsored