Newbie here - advice on Honda Sentinel Cancellation?

DonnieBravvo

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I’m currently speaking to the finance director to review my paperwork to see if I can get this resigned or whatever I can do.
Sponsored

DonnieBravvo

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I’m currently speaking to the finance director to review my paperwork to see if I can get this resigned or whatever I can do.
update.

I was able to speak to the finance director and he is going to send me the cancellation forms first thing tomorrow morning. I am cancelling sentinel, Honda care, and Protectus which equals about $2,771 dollars. He said that my monthly payments won’t change but the $2,771 will be reflected on my last payments of the lease which according to my calculations should be around 9 months of payments fully paid for.

DonnieBravvo

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Quick update peeps...

I finally got the nerve to just get on with this... Took off work early and headed to the dealer. They made me wait for about 30-mins before a Finance person got to me...

When I said I wanted to cancel, they said, why don't they upgrade my plan for the same cost... I replied that my Si is a 36-month lease, to which he reverted that most people would keep the Si after the lease, hence, me keeping the plan is a good idea.

Anyways, after a little back and forth - finally signed the Cancellation Form and got it canceled.

However, mine is a lease... So, I was told that my lease payments won't change. I won't also be getting a check ($1,500) for the refund. I would understand, but wasn't that clear (it was late in the day) - it will be reflected in my final lease payments (???). Hhhmmm... Maybe I should reach out to Honda Financial Services and get a better answer?

Cheers,
did you get an explanation as to what “it will be reflected on your final lease payments” means?
Sponsored