Zed

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New, fully complete/more comprehensive version coming soon!

Thank you to everyone for the kind words and support.

-P
Sponsored

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys! Im waiting on my honda dealer to open so i can call for the code (guy I bought the screen from doesn't have the original car vin so yay).

I've installed everything but just want to make sure this backup camera connector is installed into the radio correctly. It doesn't seem right to me, like maybe its not in all the way. I can test it because no theft code. Thanks!!

Also how do I change the language for when I get into the thing? Its in Spanish

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 20220331_205549

Choc0latethunder

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys! Im waiting on my honda dealer to open so i can call for the code (guy I bought the screen from doesn't have the original car vin so yay).

I've installed everything but just want to make sure this backup camera connector is installed into the radio correctly. It doesn't seem right to me, like maybe its not in all the way. I can test it because no theft code. Thanks!!

Also how do I change the language for when I get into the thing? Its in Spanish

20220331_205549.jpg
I am guessing you are asking about that white wire? It is not fully seated inside of the slot. The metal part shouldnt be showing anymore in the back. When you check the front of the plug, you should be able to see the wire fully seated like the other wires next to it.

I think you need the vin to get the code for the radio. the last owner doesnt have the radio code?

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am guessing you are asking about that white wire? It is not fully seated inside of the slot. The metal part shouldnt be showing anymore in the back. When you check the front of the plug, you should be able to see the wire fully seated like the other wires next to it.

I think you need the vin to get the code for the radio. the last owner doesnt have the radio code?
Thanks thats kind of what I figured. I just didn't want to break it.

The last owner apparently wasn't the original owner of the radio. I tried his vin and it gave me an error message. I'm kinda annoyed

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: honda gave me a loaner while they figure it out. They called me today and said it was locked out from the previous owner. They're going to do a software reset and get back to me on if I should just replace the unit or not.

Update 3: for thr low low price of 130$, the "diagnostic" given was that it is jailbroken and therefore cannot be used. They're offering to install a new one (the crappy 5 inch original) for parts/labor $1400. Yeah no. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
Huge shout out to Zed for that retrofit harness and simple DIY thread. Got everything installed tonight minus tapping the backup camera wire.
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 83AB7797-6F26-40A4-939D-0E0871AFC84C

Jclaude35085

First Name
Jean-Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Ahh I can’t wait to finally get rid of the 5in just waiting on the harness and xm module to arrive.

OP
OP
Zed

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UPDATE: Version 2 is now here as a complete solution. No need to purchase any other parts besides the Radio and or AM/FM Tuner. It is now easier than ever to upgrade your driving experience with this new version.

PM for purchase, will be available other places online shortly.

Thank you everyone for the support and feedback. -P

manesag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatch Sport Manual
Country flag
Question about the headunit. Is the difference between the radio only and the radio with am/fm tuner that the radio only version supports bluetooth, no am/fm radio at all?

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question about the headunit. Is the difference between the radio only and the radio with am/fm tuner that the radio only version supports bluetooth, no am/fm radio at all?
Correct. I did this upgrade and didn't feel like I needed an am/fm/xm tuner so I didn't buy one. Bluetooth and android auto is all I need! It is nice to know, however, that i can go back and add one later on if I really want to.

antonio cruz

First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
I would like to purchase a harness as well. Please let me know how I can get one

KingFaze

First Name
Fazeel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
Question for people that swapped their radios. Are you able to configure your instrument panel after doing so? It doesn’t seem to work for me
Sponsored