si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Nobody has come out with a rear diffuser for the Si sedan to date. Today, ABS Dynamics just announced they will be the first. I think this is a game changer and other companies will soon follow!

I really dig the look of it and plan on buying one as soon as they open it up for orders. Let me know what you guys think!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Type-R Style Rear Diffuser for 10th Gen Si Sedan from ABS Dynamics ABE32D52-A4B5-4594-9625-38A065E32C8E
Sponsored

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Yeah that's sick for sure. Really fixes the rear end up to perfection. I'm getting one as soon as they're made available. Thanks for the heads up post!

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, let me clarify. To any type r owners that get sore over "type r" parts or "type r style" parts going on something other than an R. The majority of us who own civics that happen not to be a type r and put replicated r parts, oem parts or red badges doesn't mean we want to be an r or wish we were an r. It's fine to have good taste in the Honda community and make our cars the way we want, when we want with our own hard earned money. We're mostly all here for the same reason, we love our hobbies and Hondas. Those of you that get all tore up over oem type r parts or replicated type r parts on a car that isn't even yours are here for the wrong reasons and you don't belong in the Honda community. This is in no way bashing the Type R as a car. It's a great piece of engineering and I plan on owning one in the not too distant future along with my red Honda badged Si of course. Thanks.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Also, let me clarify. To any type r owners that get sore over "type r" parts or "type r style" parts going on something other than an R. The majority of us who own civics that happen not to be a type r and put replicated r parts, oem parts or red badges doesn't mean we want to be an r or wish we were an r. It's fine to have good taste in the Honda community and make our cars the way we want, when we want with our own hard earned money. We're mostly all here for the same reason, we love our hobbies and Hondas. Those of you that get all tore up over oem type r parts or replicated type r parts on a car that isn't even yours are here for the wrong reasons and you don't belong in the Honda community. This is in no way bashing the Type R as a car. It's a great piece of engineering and I plan on owning one in the not too distant future along with my red Honda badged Si of course. Thanks.
I think the people that get upset about that are just the nerds.

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting! I forgot sedans and hatches don't share back bumpers. Now if ABS can make a diffuser for the coupe... :lol:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Really fixes the rear end up to perfection.
No it doesnt... the bumper vents are still there :p

Seriously though, that was a big reason I went with the coupe. Oof.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No it doesnt... the bumper vents are still there :p

Seriously though, that was a big reason I went with the coupe. Oof.
haha you're right though. I try to put a mental block up for those "vents". They look like a couple scabs...

Maplestory

First Name
Kt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan crystal black pearl
Looks really good! Probably gonna buy it lol. Hopefully they make a carbon fiber version soon. That would be sweet

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Need more pics. Also, not sure I am a fan of the two nubs that stick up from it.

OP
OP
si_well

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Need more pics. Also, not sure I am a fan of the two nubs that stick up from it.
Yeah I’m also not sure how I feel about those little nubs as well lol but the type R does have them too so I guess it’s somewhat accurate of a replica. The type R just has that black piece that connects the two vents so the little nubs blend into that making them hard to notice.

D34thlock17

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah I’m also not sure how I feel about those little nubs as well lol but the type R does have them too so I guess it’s somewhat accurate of a replica. The type R just has that black piece that connects the two vents so the little nubs blend into that making them hard to notice.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe with some custom work they can be removed.

OP
OP
si_well

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe with some custom work they can be removed.
I'm for sure getting it anyway, and when I do I plan on painting it gloss black so that it matches my the outer part of my rear bumper garnishes (vents with the mustache) in the hopes that it wont look so out of place.

OP
OP
si_well

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Update: the preorder is live on their website for the sedan AND they just posted a video of the coupe version of the Type R style diffuser.

The coupe might look better than the sedan tbh.

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: the preorder is live on their website for the sedan AND they just posted a video of the coupe version of the Type R style diffuser.

The coupe might look better than the sedan tbh.
Yup, here's a pic from @andu_fc3 's Instagram with it fitted:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Type-R Style Rear Diffuser for 10th Gen Si Sedan from ABS Dynamics Annotation 2020-05-13 195541

This is pretty groundbreaking for coupe owners - it's a really, really nice looking diffuser!

Right now, preorders are up for the sedan version, just waiting on the coupe now.
Sponsored