New Type R Owner - Continental Extreme Contact DWS All Season 245/35/20 Question!

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey all,

Proud to say I traded my SI in today for a Championship White Type R today and I pick the new car up on Monday! With that out of the way, I wanted to see if any of the Type R forum members have successfully run the Continental Extreme Contact DWS All Seasons in 245/35/20 size.

I live in a city with some pretty crappy roads and I also live in a geography where it snows so the stock tires are not gonna cut it.

I couldn't find definitively via the search function if these tires work or not. I don't care about losing a slight bit of performance or if the ride height and suspension geometry changes.

Right now on Tirerack I see them going for $190.70 each and with a 560 tread rating, I feel like they should be good for daily driving 40 miles a day.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Overly excited and somewhat anxious Type R Owner
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Yes they work, there’s a member here running 245/35R20 Continental Extreme Contact DWS and have no rubbing issues, you should be fine.

And congrats on the upgrade.

Last edited:

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
I seemed to have picked up a nail in my right rear tire today which seems to need replacement rather than patching..I am super annoyed as the OEM continentals only have 1,100 miles--yes the car is only 7 weeks old. I really do not want to spend $300 to replace this one tire with the OEM tire. Any recommendations for a less expensive summer tire such as the Sumitomo or Hankook in the same 245/30/20 size? I live in SoCal so do not have concerns for winter weather. Is there any problem having a different model tire on the rear vs. the front in terms of handling or ride?
thanks for your input here.

teamgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t 2017 civic hatch ST
Country flag
I seemed to have picked up a nail in my right rear tire today which seems to need replacement rather than patching..I am super annoyed as the OEM continentals only have 1,100 miles--yes the car is only 7 weeks old. I really do not want to spend $300 to replace this one tire with the OEM tire. Any recommendations for a less expensive summer tire such as the Sumitomo or Hankook in the same 245/30/20 size? I live in SoCal so do not have concerns for winter weather. Is there any problem having a different model tire on the rear vs. the front in terms of handling or ride?
thanks for your input here.
you can go to a bigger size 255 or buy some 245 falken tires, I have extra continental for $180, I'm upland. 4k miles.
Sponsored