New to this section. Who tracks their car?

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I have been on these forums for over 2 years since buying my 2020 CTR and have only just found out there is a Canadian sub section. I live in the GTA and track my car pretty regularly as well as run in the Ontario Time-Attack series. Wondering how many of you bring your Hondas to the various tracks we have in Ontario. (I am really lucky living within 20 minutes of CTMP)
Sponsored

meclaymore

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I've been to 3 track days with my Si. (Two days at TMP (Cayuga) and 1 day at CTMP DDT).
I just went to CTMP DDT last week, I loved the track.
I'm looking to do a couple more track days this season. What organizer do you go with?

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am a regular competitor in Ontario Time-Attack Ontario Time Attack but for various reasons, I have had to miss the first 2 events of the year. I also run with JRP at the big track at CTMP and often go to the Shannonville lapping days (which are a real bargain). IMO, Shannonville is a significantly superior track to either TMP or the DDT although the DDT does have some interesting elevation changes. Mosport (the grand prix track at CTMP) is a real thrill but very high consequence track and therefore not a great track to learn about car control.

Canuck

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Reading up on old threads. Have had my 20 Type R for 3 years this June. Booked JRP events May 26, Aug 26 and Sept 28. Mosport track. Had my Competition Race licence CASC back in 2003 and have had great memories. Lots of changes since and can’t wait to experience the thrills.

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice to see another Canadian use their car for its real purpose. Don't forget to check out the Type R Tracking/Autocross/ HPDE section. Tons of good information there.

Might well see you at a JRP day or two. My 2020 is white with a black hood and Racelouver vent. I have also run with Infinite Motorsport. Expensive but a bit less hectic than JRP days