New to the site. My 17 sport hatch 6 speed.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP

Shooktd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport. 2000 civic hatchback
Mean looking hatch, great job! Cannot go wrong with NT03. How much lower can the function and forms go? Any rubbing issues with +27 offset? Are you running a 225/40 tire? Custom spring rates? I like that they use eibach springs!

http://www.ffcoilovers.com/Function-Form-Type-2-Coilovers-for-Honda-Civic-FC-2017--2018_p_143.html
The function and forms actually only go as low as tire to fender in the front. The rears go as low as you see without spring modification. I have much shorter springs in the front. Iā€™m running a 245/40 so yes I rub but I rolled the fronts. With a 225 I would be surprised if you rub. The lame part about these cars going low is you almost gave to Ruin the marker lights in the bumper unless you have a smaller tire. But a large sidewall and width is almost guaranteed to hit it.

Another thing I should mention is that the springs are no longer preloaded. Which is an entirely different debate I would rather not get into. But the car rides just fine. I opted for 14k fronts. So itā€™s very stiff, however that is what function recommended I get for the highest spring rate.

OP
OP

Shooktd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport. 2000 civic hatchback
He clearly rubs do you not see how far the fender goes over the front tire, The slightest turn of the wheel and he has rubbing 100%
I do rub but only because my tire is big. A slightly more stretched tire would be fine. 225/35-40 or something like a 215/35-40

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
Thank you Shooktd! I agree with you not sure why Honda decided to put the marker lights in the wheel area of all places. Looks like if i want to go really low without having to mess with swapping springs and keeping preload bc extreme low is the way to go since they offer shorter springs and cartridges from the start. Too bad because I live 30 minutes away from function and form. I will have a similar set up with 18x9.5 +38 and want it dumped. I will be running a 235/40 ohtsu fp700 tire which has soft sidewalls good for stretching as opposed to a azeniz 615 that has hard sidewalls. If I do rub still was going to add neg camber with the plates

Civic Guy 18

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatchback touring
Country flag
Mod list
Function and form coils - eibach spring
Flash pro
Intake
Enkei nt03 18x9.5 +27

My insta is shooktd

Are you saying you are on coilovers or just lowering springs ?

Civic Guy 18

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you Shooktd! I agree with you not sure why Honda decided to put the marker lights in the wheel area of all places. Looks like if i want to go really low without having to mess with swapping springs and keeping preload bc extreme low is the way to go since they offer shorter springs and cartridges from the start. Too bad because I live 30 minutes away from function and form. I will have a similar set up with 18x9.5 +38 and want it dumped. I will be running a 235/40 ohtsu fp700 tire which has soft sidewalls good for stretching as opposed to a azeniz 615 that has hard sidewalls. If I do rub still was going to add neg camber with the plates

Good morning

I am in the same boat just bought a 2019 civic sport hatchback touring edition and i want to go pretty low or at least tuck the tired since my car is my daily driver. i am thinking BC racing BR or Br extreme low coilovers and now trying to figure out what setup i want for wheels i know i am going 18x8.5 or 9.5 trying to keep the wheels flush with the fender wells.

Civic Guy 18

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you want flush with fender walls 18x8.5 with a +35 offset is perfectly flush on these cars. 18x9.5 will poke a bit unless you go super high offset like 45-50

ok thank you

Civic Guy 18

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you want flush with fender walls 18x8.5 with a +35 offset is perfectly flush on these cars. 18x9.5 will poke a bit unless you go super high offset like 45-50

Yeah i might go 18x9.5 38mm offset i don't mind if it pokes out very little. i am looking to have that deep dish /concave look.