New to the scene (Metal Metallic FK7 CVT build journal)

RNfk7noob

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happy holidays everyone,

I'm 32 years old and obviously, from my title and my username, I'm a newbie about cars. I moved to southern California earlier this year for nursing school. I had a Chevy Cruze, and yes it was a piece of sh*t. The fuel pump was leaking, so replaced it, and ended up trading the cruze for a civic cvt at the Honda dealership in Buena Park. Initially, I did not intend to do anything with this car, it was going to be my daily from going to school, and to hospitals that I would be doing my rotations at. However, the import scene here in southern California was captivating. It was intriguing and perhaps maybe a sense of belonging (I'm an Asian-american male-probably a stereotype), and probably the urge of learning a new hobby as quarantine has just made me so bored at home. I fell into the import scene rabbit hole-lurking in forums such as this and watching youtube videos to increase my car vernacular. Over the course of 4 months, this is what I have done to my car.

Performance:
-AEM cold air intake
-K-Tuner (two-step performance stage tunes)
-D2 lowering springs
-muffler + resonator delete
-straight pipe exhaust

Exterior:
-cheap ebay front lip spoiler
-type-R conversion rear bumper lip:
(https://ikonmotorsports.com/product...-2017-2020-honda?_pos=75&_sid=07f1b0741&_ss=r)
-Aeroflow dynamics diffuser
(https://www.aeroflowdynamics.com/products/d-17chatchs-v2)
-duckbill spoiler from Ikon Motorsports
-yellow headlight tint from Aerowerkz motorsports
-gold painted calipers from MCS performance
-black painted side markers from MCS performance
-yellow tint tailights from Etsy
-led sequential rear bumper reflector tailights:
(https://www.joom.com/en/products/5d132bfe1436d401013d45ab)
-XXR wheels (235/35/18)
-and a bunch of cool stickers.

Interior:
-type S led lights

Next modifications:
Thinking of purchasing a front strut bar. I live on Imperial Hwy and cars go pretty fast here, improving cornering would help out dramatically. Cars from behind don't seem to slow down when the car up front wants to turn. I'm really digging the spoon style rear roof spoiler for aesthetic purposes, and the sportline type-r style spoiler from turbo10thcivic (ig username). Thank you for checking this post out, and I'm also thankful for this community for sharing their knowledge of cars to a noob like me.

Honda Civic 10th gen New to the scene (Metal Metallic FK7 CVT build journal) 1D182D56-9A57-43D4-95F4-B1FEBE88716B.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New to the scene (Metal Metallic FK7 CVT build journal) 63052922957__43DBA50C-52C2-4B3B-9A7E-814AB0F7E7C0

Honda Civic 10th gen New to the scene (Metal Metallic FK7 CVT build journal) IMG_3687.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New to the scene (Metal Metallic FK7 CVT build journal) IMG_3697

Honda Civic 10th gen New to the scene (Metal Metallic FK7 CVT build journal) IMG_3700.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New to the scene (Metal Metallic FK7 CVT build journal) IMG_3719-1

Honda Civic 10th gen New to the scene (Metal Metallic FK7 CVT build journal) IMG_3723

Last edited:

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice whip man ? just a recommendation try going rear sway bar with end links before front strut bar you’ll notice the difference a lot more

I noticed you said you live by imperial hwy I’m assuming around Los Angeles?

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Your car looks great, congrats !
From what I saw on your car, looks like you are not a noob as you claimed to be.??

OP
OP
RNfk7noob

RNfk7noob

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice whip man ? just a recommendation try going rear sway bar with end links before front strut bar you’ll notice the difference a lot more

I noticed you said you live by imperial hwy I’m assuming around Los Angeles?
Oh okay I'll really look into this! Thanks for the recommendation ?. Yeah I live in La Habra!
Sponsored

Last edited: