new to the R-amily..

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Congratulations on your new purchase and also joining the CivicX Forum! There are many folks here who are friendly, respectful and knowledgeable who can provide guidance as to how you want to transform your car into that perfect ride you're looking to achieve.

I still can't believe you were able to find a Type R just 1K over MSRP- that's incredible!

Your timing is also great since it's already Springtime and nice weather is on the way which will make it a fun experience for you working on your car as a weekend warrior.

I recommend probably tinting your windows first since you are in Southern CA. All my windows are 35% and front windshield 70% using Llumar Ceramic. You may also want to Invest in a ceramic coat protection for your paint if you don't have a garage to keep the car in. Then I would look into upgrading the wheel/tires to provide more comfortable ride and then upgrade everything else after that.

- 18x9.5 on the wheels
- 255s stock height
- 265s if you plan to drop the car on springs

Enjoy and have fun!!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations on your new purchase and also joining the CivicX Forum! There are many folks here who are friendly, respectful and knowledgeable who can provide guidance as to how you want to transform your car into that perfect ride you're looking to achieve.

I still can't believe you were able to find a Type R just 1K over MSRP- that's incredible!

Your timing is also great since it's already Springtime and nice weather is on the way which will make it a fun experience for you working on your car as a weekend warrior.

I recommend probably tinting your windows first since you are in Southern CA. All my windows are 35% and front windshield 70% using Llumar Ceramic. You may also want to Invest in a ceramic coat protection for your paint if you don't have a garage to keep the car in. Then I would look into upgrading the wheel/tires to provide more comfortable ride and then upgrade everything else after that.

- 18x9.5 on the wheels
- 255s stock height
- 265s if you plan to drop the car on springs

Enjoy and have fun!!
Yeah, I've heard a few times that they couldn't believe the price I got on the car! I am grateful for my friend to have come through on the price. You're right, everyone has been very respectful and knowledgeable and I can't wait to use this forum as one of my main tools.

thank you so much for your insight on the tints and the wheels information. I will for sure have fun and enjoy the Type R to the fullest!

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations on the Type R and welcome to the family! My first mod when I got my Type R was the K&N intake filter. More air to breath in and hear that turbo spool for $50, not too bad.

Seems you got the tint down with great suggestions from everyone here.

Exhaust... I have an electronic cut-out valve which I can control the sound. Best mod for California. Haha

I also have a YouTube channel I do mods on my Type R. You can check it out YouTube: Erick FK8.

Have fun and enjoy your car!

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase, you seem like a true Honda fanboy. I felt the same when I got mine and when I bought my em1 way back. It does not and will not disappoint. ??

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Congratulations on the Type R and welcome to the family! My first mod when I got my Type R was the K&N intake filter. More air to breath in and hear that turbo spool for $50, not too bad.

Exhaust... I have an electronic cut-out valve which I can control the sound. Best mod for California. Haha

I also have a YouTube channel I do mods on my Type R. You can check it out YouTube: Erick FK8.

Great recommendation on the K&N filter. Man how could I forget about that one (and I think it's the first one I installed myself! I've got old timers now ?).

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

thank you for your congratulations! the K&N filter suggestion sounds like a solid one. Electronic cut-out valve sounds perfect for Cali. does it have any bad effects though? on the engine or other components?

I went and subscribed to your You tube channel. Your Type R is super clean and I love how it sounds. Thanks for reading my entry and dropping your mind on here. I'll catch more of your videos as they come out.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase, you seem like a true Honda fanboy. I felt the same when I got mine and when I bought my em1 way back. It does not and will not disappoint. ??
Honda for life! I don't disrespect or put down other manufactures but Honda will always be the best in my eyes. To all their own right? I'm happy to be around those that understand my feelings and excitement for the Type R. I can say and call the car many things but disappointment will never be one of the adjectives I use. hahaha. Thanks for coming by to say what's up.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great recommendation on the K&N filter. Man how could I forget about that one (and I think it's the first one I installed myself! I've got old timers now ?).
hahahhaa! sometimes the first few mods can be lost in the sea of many others. old timers?! hahaha. I think it's natural, I'll definitely be making this my first mod once pandora's box opens up! ^^

Erick.FK8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
suplifestylemovement.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thank you for your congratulations! the K&N filter suggestion sounds like a solid one. Electronic cut-out valve sounds perfect for Cali. does it have any bad effects though? on the engine or other components?

I went and subscribed to your You tube channel. Your Type R is super clean and I love how it sounds. Thanks for reading my entry and dropping your mind on here. I'll catch more of your videos as they come out.
I appreciate the compliment! Thanks for subscribing to my channel and perfect timing because I have a free $100 e-gift card with MAPerformance giveaway going on right now. So put “SUP” on the comment section on the 500 subscriber giveaway video and you’ll be entered.

Regarding the cut-out valve, no bad effects since it is after the front pipe. No error codes since I’ve had it for almost 3 years now. It is meant to bypass the mufflers and for exhaust air to exit quicker, so yes it can be somewhat loud causing drone but that’s the beauty of controlling it to close...back to stock sound.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate the compliment! Thanks for subscribing to my channel and perfect timing because I have a free $100 e-gift card with MAPerformance giveaway going on right now. So put “SUP” on the comment section on the 500 subscriber giveaway video and you’ll be entered.

Regarding the cut-out valve, no bad effects since it is after the front pipe. No error codes since I’ve had it for almost 3 years now. It is meant to bypass the mufflers and for exhaust air to exit quicker, so yes it can be somewhat loud causing drone but that’s the beauty of controlling it to close...back to stock sound.
That's what's up! thanks for the heads up! already commented. That's good to know about the cut-out valve too. Definitely something I'll be looking into. Thanks again for the shout. I'll be seeing you soon, in your videos, haha.

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
I found I really needed to do the Acuity Stage 2 shift kit and KZCMC/CDV delete to really get the most out of my driving experience. Cannot recommend it enough.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome bro! That's a really good deal getting your car for 1k mark up especially here in CA.
Thank you sir! That's what everyone keeps telling me.. haha! in Santa Monica, they were selling it for 6k mark up plus accessories. but it was only through a friend of mine that I got the car at that price. I'm beyond grateful and feel very lucky.
Sponsored