Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't recommend this enough. My first track day with the R is this Saturday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't pour rain because I will be *pissed* if I have to do a half-speed HPDE due to the weather.
Awesome stuff man. I'll actually be out on track this Saturday as well for some R&D. What track are you headed out to?
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
My first suggestions are a track day and a good automotive book. First you should learn the characteristics of the car and a few things about cars in general before you dive right into everything. While the forums are a great place to seek advice and get recommendations you should take the time to educate yourself first before opening up the wallet. Determine what you want out of the car first and then go from there. Just my 2 cents.
+1 to this (and to the Savagegeese video, too).

I'll add:

Think of why you want to mess with the car. Do you want to personalize it? Or do you want to make it go faster?* There's a pretty big difference.

* And if you want to go faster... where can you go faster?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Hey guys I’m new to trying to mod my 2017 Civic sport hatch & I was trying to see if I could get some recommendations for a first modification. The only thing I’ve done is tint all my windows but I want to get new fog lights, wheels, catback exhaust, etc.

Recommendations to start off please!!

Ps. I am willing to learn so I don’t mess up my car even though I’ll just bring it to a shop to get things installed
Good for you ... Light weight wheels have big benefits ... Expectations need to be "real"! back in the day ... I am 51 ...I could grab a Cold air intake and get 10 HP over stock ... This Honda is NOT tailor made for home driveway stuff frankly ... I have seen it all in my 51 years ... My parents owned a 1970 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ with more than 500 ft lbs of tq and 8 miles to the gallon! I recall spending a lot of time in the back seat. This car out of the box is all you need! Don't waste your money on some "tune" ... from some company eager to take your money. In a few years you will loose interest in this site and be off to the "next" car. I know from experience. Trust me!!!!!! Get your feet wet with cheap inexpensive jazz ... most important enjoy what you do and search for on the net and you will then be bitten by the "mod bug" which will be BETTER served with your NEXT purchase. Don't waste your time on a 1.5 L engine with big dollars if your first move was to "tint the windows" ... I used to own a 2008 Mazda Speed 3 with cold air intake, turbo inlet, light weight wheels. I was pulling over 300 ft lbs of tq and 290 HP plus with simple mods essentially inexpensive ... I almost went with a first or 2nd gen EVO a few years earlier but the sticker price of $29,999 seems WAY OUT OF LINE back then. LOL ... I was in your shoes back in say 1997 or so ... it's an evolution of time and money but it's the fun of doing this ON YOUR OWN you will learn is worth it all OVER the long haul. I got my son (who is 20) into this as well "mod bug" ... so I have served my purpose.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would using this invalidate warranty? Is it easy to switch back to the 'factory settings'?
press a button an flash stock, press another button to unlock from the car. The dealer level can't tell its been flashed. As with all mods, if the flash affected the broken part, they "could" void you warranty. They need to prove it.
Sponsored