Dyslo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys I’m new to trying to mod my 2017 Civic sport hatch & I was trying to see if I could get some recommendations for a first modification. The only thing I’ve done is tint all my windows but I want to get new fog lights, wheels, catback exhaust, etc.

Recommendations to start off please!!

Ps. I am willing to learn so I don’t mess up my car even though I’ll just bring it to a shop to get things installed
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner all the way. None of the rest of the bolt ons will make the power the ktuner will for the price

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I agree with a tune...Ktuner/Hondata etc.

If you don't want to mess up the car just leave it at that and get some wheels. I wont say to mess with your suspension only because sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you expect it to. If you mess with your suspension do it right and get a coilover kit or a spring/strut combo that compliment each. I have learned the hard way over the last 20 years.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My first suggestions are a track day and a good automotive book. First you should learn the characteristics of the car and a few things about cars in general before you dive right into everything. While the forums are a great place to seek advice and get recommendations you should take the time to educate yourself first before opening up the wallet. Determine what you want out of the car first and then go from there. Just my 2 cents.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
My first suggestions are a track day and a good automotive book. First you should learn the characteristics of the car and a few things about cars in general before you dive right into everything. While the forums are a great place to seek advice and get recommendations you should take the time to educate yourself first before opening up the wallet. Determine what you want out of the car first and then go from there. Just my 2 cents.
Fair point. Do the above suggestion first then get a tune

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Completely agree 100%. Watch the below video from savageese. Really great perspective on modifying your car.

Something to consider is karting. Inexpensive way to get great experience on driving in general. Or taking an advanced driving course or two.

OP
OP
Dyslo

Dyslo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I agree 100% !! I appreciate the input because I do want to do that without a doubt. I want to know about what Im gonna do to my car before I mess with it, i agree
Also, I actually follow you on instagram and I love the look and sound of your products and the "redefine" logo!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree 100% !! I appreciate the input because I do want to do that without a doubt. I want to know about what Im gonna do to my car before I mess with it, i agree
Also, I actually follow you on instagram and I love the look and sound of your products and the "redefine" logo!
Much appreciated. Will actually be out on track again this weekend for some more R&D. We know the best way to learn and grow these cars is to push them and drive them everyday. So I will drive to the track, beat on it all day, and then drive it back. As well the REDEFINE banner is available on our site if you are interested in picking one up for yourself. Will be sure to share with you guys what we learn as we continue to grow.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Sorry to be a bit dim here but what is the KTuner? Im guessing it changes some of the cars programming? Will it void a warranty?

Deleted member 3699

Hey guys I’m new to trying to mod my 2017 Civic sport hatch & I was trying to see if I could get some recommendations for a first modification. The only thing I’ve done is tint all my windows but I want to get new fog lights, wheels, catback exhaust, etc.

Recommendations to start off please!!

Ps. I am willing to learn so I don’t mess up my car even though I’ll just bring it to a shop to get things installed

If your car is as new as your post is, I would hold off on the tune for a bit. There are some good suggestions here.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to be a bit dim here but what is the KTuner? Im guessing it changes some of the cars programming? Will it void a warranty?
Ktuner is an ODBII flash device that flashes base or custom calibrations to the ECU to enhance driveability and power

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I can't recommend this enough. My first track day with the R is this Saturday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't pour rain because I will be *pissed* if I have to do a half-speed HPDE due to the weather.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't recommend this enough. My first track day with the R is this Saturday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't pour rain because I will be *pissed* if I have to do a half-speed HPDE due to the weather.
Sorry homie,
Honda Civic 10th gen New to modifying cars upload_2018-2-6_10-36-38
Sponsored