balistek

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
So today I enter back into SI ownership. I have previously owned a 2005 SI (EP3) and sold it around year 2011. After some searching, I found a reasonably priced Civic SI within a decent distance. I test drove the car-- great. Paint/condition no excessive flaws. I buy the car, the car already had a multi-point inspection. Infact after signing papers; the car is brought to the dealer bay to get state inspected. Later that night.. horn doesn't work. Pushing on the airbag doesn't get a response. Any suggestions on a fix. Slightly annoyed at the place of purchase for this issue. I admit my own negligence from not hitting the horn, but the thought didn't cross my mind during the test drive. Is this a common issue? Is a solution available? I will take to dealer if I have too, but I am looking for some insight and perhaps a quick fix. Thanks for your time.
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Try replacing the fuse. Should be number 24 (10A) in the fuse box under the hood.

If that doesn't work then definitely take it back to the dealer and let it be a headache for them to diagnose and fix.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Yeah this is the first I’m hearing of a horn issue on this car, other than it sounding like a meep meep

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly, if you were to just yell out your window instead of honking you'd get more attention and sound more urgent than if your horn actually worked in these cars

OP
OP

balistek

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I replaced the fuse--- no luck. I figured when I pulled and the fuse looks fine. Another note, if the alarm system is activated, the horn works. Makes me think something on the steering wheel is the culprit.

Drunkndude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The beep from the alarm isn’t from the horn

OP
OP

balistek

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think they mean when the car alarm goes off.
Clarification. Yes when the car Alarm is activated, the horn goes off as normal. Selling dealer said they’ll take a look at it and fix it, but the only problem is that I live 100 miles away. I called AutoZone to see if I can find a replacement horn relay but they do not have any in stock. I scoured the Internet for a diagram that includes both relays and fuses, and I finally found one I believe. At This point in time, I think I’ll just wait and see rather than playing around with the relays in the fuse box

OP
OP

balistek

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Clarification. Yes when the car Alarm is activated, the horn goes off as normal. Selling dealer said they’ll take a look at it and fix it, but the only problem is that I live 100 miles away. I called AutoZone to see if I can find a replacement horn relay but they do not have any in stock. I scoured the Internet for a diagram that includes both relays and fuses, and I finally found one I believe. At This point in time, I think I’ll just wait and see rather than playing around with the relays in the fuse box

Issue fixed at local honda-- loose ground wire. I left a not so pleasant review for the third party dealer.
Sponsored