Jaimito1904

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
So i just got my 2018 Civic SI a couple months ago. I’m new to the whole mod scene and I’ve read that one of the best first mods to get is the KTuner.

So while I contemplate on buying it... I had a a question about it and I hope you guys can answer it.

If I use the Ktuner and need to take it to dealer (I bought extended warranty) will it void the warranty? Or if I flash the ecu back to factory settings will they know and still void it?
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I would just flash it back to the stock for good measure. They wont know unless they have a reason to suspect it (i.e. warranty work) and start digging into the ecu and look for flash info.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly, there is no way to know either way at this point whether the ktuner or FP will void a person's warranty. Until someone flashes their ecu and reverts it back to stock before they try to have major warranty work done at their dealer, and then report back to us, we wont know. All there is is speculation (a lot of it) as to whether or not the dealer will (or can) find out using the equipment they have when they hook up your ecu. Some people say they for sure they cant, and other have stated that they definitely can. Its been vehemently argued back and forth on this forum. From technicians to ppl with past experiences.

Basically, if you are going to flash your ecu, err on the side of caution and just assume that you will void your warranty. I flashed my ecu accepting that my warranty was going to be voided.

Before I decided to flash, I researched this question heavily on google on many Honda, as well as non-Honda car make forums, and in a lot of instances ppl have reported that their dealer was able to detect that they flashed their ecu at some point, even when they flashed back to stock. My rational intuition also tells me that if they dig deep enough, they will be able to see it.

So, in summary, its a decision that you will have to make. You want more instant power? You will potentially risk being stuck with a major repair if something mechanically catastrophic happens to your car.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Is it possible to buy a spare ecu like some of the Type R guys are doing? If so, that would seem like the most solid solution
Sponsored