Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Website
syntaxiscs.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hey, I'm fairly new to cars and I have a 2016 Civic Sedan LX which is the 2 L and since this is my first car I'm very proud of it and I want to know more about it and I thought you guys would be the ones to ask.

So I know all the technical specs but I wanted help knowing what everything is. Specifically, the thing that I wanted the know the most is the sorta bronze-ish colored tube on the front of the engine (or side?) I assumed it was an intake of sorts but I just wanted to make sure. Also, anything else you guys could teach me would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Edit: I also think the circular thing with copper wires in it connected to the belts is the alternator. I'm pretty sure of this but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Honda Civic 10th gen (New to Cars) Help understand what is what engine
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Bronze thing is your catalytic converter/downpipe.

You are also correct about the alternator.

OP
OP

Syntaxis

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Website
syntaxiscs.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Bronze thing is your catalytic converter/downpipe.

You are also correct about the alternator.
Awesome thanks for the quick answer. Also I thought that the catalytic converter was under the car along the exhaust pipe or is there another one in the downpipe?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Awesome thanks for the quick answer. Also I thought that the catalytic converter was under the car along the exhaust pipe or is there another one in the downpipe?
Cats are more commonly found along the exhaust underneath the car, which is why you'll read stories about thieves cutting them off of other cars to sell the valuable materials they contain. Perhaps this crime trend is why Honda *cleverly* decided to put ours into a much more difficult area to access.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
Cats are more commonly found along the exhaust underneath the car, which is why you'll read stories about thieves cutting them off of other cars to sell the valuable materials they contain. Perhaps this crime trend is why Honda *cleverly* decided to put ours into a much more difficult area to access.
After making them widely accessible in the Element, it would be wise of them to consider this a security feature.

OP
OP

Syntaxis

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Website
syntaxiscs.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Oh wow yea that’s actually really smart thst would make sense as to why I didn’t recognize it to other parts. Awesome guys thanks so much for the replies!
Sponsored