New tires for '19 Si

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Kind of a n00b when it comes to tires and wheels. Looking to get new tires before the snow comes..wheels will come in the spring. So for now I will be getting tires that fit the stock wheels, which are 18x8 +50 if I'm not mistaken.

From my (limited) due diligence I'm thinking of getting something with 255/35. That should be okay with the stock wheels and on the future ones with either 8.5 or 9 width later on.

Just trying to get some feedback on this, if I'll run into any issues. I'm also debating on getting winter tires strictly for the stock wheels.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So let me explain something. You said "looking to get new tires before before the snow comes".

You definitely don't want to be driving around on 255/35's in snow. The wider the tire, the more problems in snow. Stick with the stock 235/40 size. Just get a better than stock tire.

Something like this would be a great choice:
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus | 235/40ZR18 (tirerack.com)

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Kind of a n00b when it comes to tires and wheels. Looking to get new tires before the snow comes..wheels will come in the spring. So for now I will be getting tires that fit the stock wheels, which are 18x8 +50 if I'm not mistaken.

From my (limited) due diligence I'm thinking of getting something with 255/35. That should be okay with the stock wheels and on the future ones with either 8.5 or 9 width later on.

Just trying to get some feedback on this, if I'll run into any issues. I'm also debating on getting winter tires strictly for the stock wheels.
Play around with this Find Wheels That Fit 2019 Honda Civic | Fitment Industries .

marheyoh's si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I bought Continental VikingContact and I like them. They're cheaper than the Blizzaks (which I used before and also recommend) and I haven't had any issues. I had a few chances to really test the car this past winter and it handled and gripped great. If you plan on having two sets of wheels anyway, just get a set of winter tires to go with them.

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
A bit confusing description. Are you looking for winter tires? But then why do you want to switch them on new wheels coming in spring? Seems like you want to match winter tires with summer wheels?
Sponsored