New Software Update for No Audio

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
After the umpteenth visit for my audio system (no audio this particular time) and 4 days this week in the shop, I picked my car back up after being told by the dealership they were told another software update is coming out in like a month for the infotainment system. It's supposed to fix, among other things, my no audio issue that happens randomly. I've been told the previous software update they did in February, then the new amp they did the other week were supposed to resolve this... so we'll see what this new fix does.
Sponsored

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
The last audio update was the amp update to 3.50. Are they updating the amp again or is this an update for the head unit. The current version is 1.F184.60.

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
I have no audio right now either? WTF

tennis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
After the umpteenth visit for my audio system (no audio this particular time) and 4 days this week in the shop, I picked my car back up after being told by the dealership they were told another software update is coming out in like a month for the infotainment system. It's supposed to fix, among other things, my no audio issue that happens randomly. I've been told the previous software update they did in February, then the new amp they did the other week were supposed to resolve this... so we'll see what this new fix does.
Does it include getting a new amp installed as well as the update for the sound system ?

tennis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
What will the update be about

David

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring (Lunar Silver)
The last audio update was the amp update to 3.50. Are they updating the amp again or is this an update for the head unit. The current version is 1.F184.60.
That's not quite accurate: I have build 1.F186.67 (Feb 15) on my HU. My car was made in the Indiana factory on March 31, so this SW build was probably cut in to manufacturing sometime in March (depending on how long their internal testing takes). I wouldn't be surprised if the update mentioned in the OP is to install this same version, now that it's been out in the wild for long enough to have confidence there's no important regressions.

Last edited:

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Thanks David. That's the first post I have seen with this build. Good to know. When I take my car for its first oil change down the road I will ask for them to update my HU. It should be available to the dealerships by that time.

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
That's not quite accurate: I have build 1.F186.67 (Feb 15) on my HU....
If we have older versions is there a way for the dealership to update my system? I think I have 1.F183.52.

FLcardio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
That's not quite accurate: I have build 1.F186.67 (Feb 15) on my HU. My car was made in the Indiana factory on March 31, so this SW build was probably cut in to manufacturing sometime in March (depending on how long their internal testing takes). I wouldn't be surprised if the update mentioned in the OP is to install this same version, now that it's been out in the wild for long enough to have confidence there's no important regressions.
Just checked mine and looks like I have F186.67 as well. So far haven't had any of these infotainment issues/glitches I've read about on here so hopefully this latest version works out those issues for those of you still dealing with them.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Software Update for No Audio ima

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Just checked mine and looks like I have F186.67 as well. So far haven't had any of these infotainment issues/glitches I've read about on here so hopefully this latest version works out those issues for those of you still dealing with them.

image.jpeg
Do u have an iPhone? if so any BT streaming burps...pauses...

FLcardio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Do u have an iPhone? if so any BT streaming burps...pauses...
Yea I use with my iphone 6. Honestly mostly plugged in using carplay to play music/podcasts but I can certainly try some more bluetooth streaming to test it out.

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
I haven't had any real issues with my HU software version but I would still like to get it updated. Hopefully soon the dealerships will get the update.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just sent a email to the service manager about getting it done. I have: 1.F184.60. with a 02/2016 production date.

DO you think I will have a fight to get this done...

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't had any real issues with my HU software version but I would still like to get it updated. Hopefully soon the dealerships will get the update.
Do you think they can get it from the tech line?

OP
OP
andy_kiawah

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
All I know is my head unit had an update done in february and the amp was replaced 2 weeks ago, so I'm assuming it's up-to-date as well. Honda tech line asked the tech at my dealership if they had a) updated head unit software and, b) replaced amp. Answers to both questions were "yes". It then took them two days to come back and tell the dealership that there is another software update coming out in a month. It's beyond the point of getting old and frustrating.
Sponsored