New Si sedan in Aegean blue

reelbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Odyssey, 2011 Subaru STI
Nice ride! I just got the same one last week. Doesn't it look awesome? I find myself checking it out from all angles.

Can't believe this much fun only drinks 6.4L/100km in city driving. This car is hard to beat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Monocacy

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took the Si on its inaugural long road trip. Drove from Maryland across West Virginia to Lexington, KY. After a few days in Lexington we drove south to Tennessee and back across the Appalachians. After stops in Morristown and Fall Branch TN, we drove north on I-81 to get home. Lots of 18-wheelers and land trains on I-81.

Si handled the trip like a champ.

Averaged 39 miles per gallon over 624 miles with the car loaded with luggage, one or two people, and a dog. Most of the driving was on interstates and highways, crossing the Appalachians twice, typically with cruise control set around 75 miles per hour. I might have reset the odometer after the first fill-up, so 624 miles did not capture the whole trip.

Boy, the southern Appalachian mountains have some of the most gorgeous landscape I have ever seen.

OP
OP
Monocacy

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Beautiful landscape and fun roads heading up to Paw Paw, West Virginia. Man, the Si is so solid around the turns. Makes the lack of guardrails much less worrisome. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen New Si sedan in Aegean blue Paw_Paw_2017-10-11

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Beautiful landscape and fun roads heading up to Paw Paw, West Virginia. Man, the Si is so solid around the turns. Makes the lack of guardrails much less worrisome. :)

Paw_Paw_2017-10-11.jpg
I've yet takening my Si on curvy roads. Need to go up to the dragon for a little fun ;) Looks like you've taken some road trips, how many miles are you at?

OP
OP
Monocacy

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've yet takening my Si on curvy roads. Need to go up to the dragon for a little fun ;) Looks like you've taken some road trips, how many miles are you at?
Just passed 5,000 miles. I looked up the dragon - looks like fun, but also looks like quite a few people (mostly motorcyclists) had a little too much fun . . . so be safe out there! :)

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Just passed 5,000 miles. I looked up the dragon - looks like fun, but also looks like quite a few people (mostly motorcyclists) had a little too much fun . . . so be safe out there! :)
Oh yeah, there are idiots up there you have watch out for. I've taken my Integra, and ep3 up there before. Night time runs are pretty fun;)

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice ride! I just got the same one last week. Doesn't it look awesome? I find myself checking it out from all angles.

Can't believe this much fun only drinks 6.4L/100km in city driving. This car is hard to beat.
Whereabouts are you in TO? I've got your twin, and might have seen you as I saw two ABM sedan's already; both times opposite to me on the DVP.

OP
OP
Monocacy

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oil change and tire rotation at 9,200 miles. Current mileage projects to around 20,000 miles this year, which may be high because I took a longish road trip.

While the Si was in the shop I drove my son's Chevy Silverado. Boy, the Si felt nimble after driving the truck!

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I see you've taken quite a few road trips already. Nice. I want to plan my first trip soon but I'm thinking of staying in Cali. I did PCH from L.A. to San Fran last year, but in my 13 LX :doh:. And now a quarter mile of PCH by Big Sur has slid into the Pacific :(.

OP
OP
Monocacy

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see you've taken quite a few road trips already. Nice. I want to plan my first trip soon but I'm thinking of staying in Cali. I did PCH from L.A. to San Fran last year, but in my 13 LX :doh:. And now a quarter mile of PCH by Big Sur has slid into the Pacific :(.
There are some beautiful drives in Cali. I have always wanted to visit Yosemite.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
There are some beautiful drives in Cali. I have always wanted to visit Yosemite.
I've only been to the Mariposa Grove. I believe it's a part of Yosemite. Those trees are breathtakingly beautiful. Highly recommended.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We did that drive around Big Sur and Pebble Beach a few years ago. It is a great drive. We saw a few bikers slid off the road. There is a lot of gravel on those turns (I assume from rock slides), so it isn't that great for driving fast, but man it is pretty. One of the prettiest, and most expensive areas, in the country.
Sponsored